There are newer employer reviews for Pivotal

High energy environment, values people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Interesting products and technical challenges. This is a highly collaborative environment with engineers working closely in a large open, airy space. Working here is intense, but only from 9-6. The culture here is informal and fun.

Cons

Pivotal has only been around as a single entity since April 2013. Prior to that, the various groups that make up Pivotal belonged to at least 4 different companies. As with any company that formed from multiple different corporate entities, different parts of the company often have wildly different cultures. The part I'm in is awesome: highly collaborative, low drama, low politics. Unfortunately not all parts of the company are like that. I do, however, believe that as the overall corporate culture emerges it is increasingly like the part I work in: no nonsense, people- and productivity- focused.

Advice to Management

I became aware of the reviews on glassdoor because we had a candidate decide not to pursue a job here because the reviews were "polarized." I think we should pay attention to the negative reviews here and take the feedback to heart. It seems that there are some things we could be doing better.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Company with Great Products

Current Employee - Senior Field Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Field Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The People, The Technology, The Offices, the Benefits, The Products, The Culture.

Cons

None worth mentioning, adding SSO between EMC and Pivotal would be cool

Advice to Management

Make on-boarding a little more streamlined. Add free online training (MOOC) for our awesome products to developers.

Moving forward quickly

I have been working at Pivotal full-time

Pros

Establishing leadership in cloud independence and big+fast data. Bigger vision than big-data-only vendors. Career path can be diverse, you make a mark and then you choose. Great people to work with, very active and helpful internal social network. Free breakfast and free lunch every Tue. Everything Apple (unless you don't want it)! Learning new things everyday!

Cons

Still in the process of getting itself established in parallel with EMC - i.e. sales channel, PSO, network, HR, etc. This could be a double-sided sword depending on how you view it.