There are newer employer reviews for Pixability

Pixability Rocks

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Pixability

Pros

Innovative, fast paced, analytical, science driven, next generation company... unbelievably connected to the IT and Marketing world. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

Lots of hours (they are a startup) and you have to pay to play (salary will be minimal but the upside is huge)

Advice to Management

Look for the absolute best talent available for each position and find a way to hire them. We spent so much time coddling inferior talent that it cost us much more than if we went the extra yard.

reviews filtered by

Accountability, mutual support, fast pace, constant innovation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Pixability

Pros

Pixability is a company with a very diverse team. People are from very diverse backgrounds, so it is not your typical East coast startup. Be prepared to hear several languages during the day. It is truly a global team. Everyone in the company of 10 (and growing) is a very independent individual willing and able to "move mountains". Organization is run using Agile methodology, so there is a daily review of progress and corrections are made right away. Executives of the company are very easy to talk with and are always open to new ideas, no matter who brings them up. Heck, it is very likely you will be sitting next to one of them. Organization is very heavily metrics-driven. Don't expect to be able to coast.

Cons

No matter how heavy of the effort executives are putting into trying to put in work/life balance, some members of the team do end up pulling some heavy hours. Such is start-up life.
    Compensation is also on the lower end, but again, that is the reality of Angel-investor funded companies.

Advice to Management

Clearer direction on who is responsible for what in the organization to avoid people stepping on each others toes at times.

2. Great company heading towards future growth.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pixability

Pros

Incredible colleagues, great company culture, everyone is very dedicated to our mission. Good focus on keeping employees happy, and definitely great at hiring.

Cons

Starting to feel some growing pains as we reach 50 employees, more bureaucratic processes working their way into the company. Resources spread a bit too thin, and many have too much work to keep up with.

Advice to Management

Expand hiring based on actual need vs. quarterly quotas. Consider training remote employees in HQ for several months until they are ready to work in new territories.

There are newer employer reviews for Pixability