Pixar
www.pixar.com Emeryville, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

An exciting and satisfying place to earn a living

Production Coordinator (Current Employee)
Emeryville, CA

ProsCreativity abounds, there environment promotes a motivated and committed outlook, the success of the company keeps morale and pride up

ConsAs a member of Production (versus artists/technical folk) it's hard to justify how hard we work for the money we make. Our salary is based on a 50 hour week and I still find it barely livable in the Bay Area, one of the most expensive metropolitan areas in the country. The chasm between what artists are paid and what we're paid can be pretty disheartening, especially when we're all told how integral we are to the films being made.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think a start would be to publish starting salary rates for each position at Pixar. I know for a fact most artists at the studio have no idea how little Production makes. Giving that bit of knowledge as a baseline might bring around an appreciation for how hard we work as well as an appreciation for their own jobs.

Love the culture and film at Pixar

Technical Director Resident (Current Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Pixar full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great working environment. Films from Pixar is always top natch.… Cons: Not super stable as same as other entertainment jobs Advice to Senior Management: People in here are quite nice Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great learning opportunities, extremely friendly coworkers

Technical Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pixar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: work on films the whole world enjoys Cons: lots of competition for leadership roles and usually seniority, prevails Advice to Senior Management: Embrace more off-the-shelf and industry-standard technology Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pixar.

Worked for Pixar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pixar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pixar CEO Ed Catmull. All reviews posted anonymously by Pixar employees.