Pizza Hut

www.pizzahut.com
  www.pizzahut.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

As a Delivery Driver, It's a great first job that bring in more than minimum wage if you include tips.

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Fort Mill, SC
Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Well besides the free pizza, some of the things I like about being a Delivery Driver is that I get to relax in my car and listen to music while at work. This makes for a relatively stress-free experience.
This job is the kind of job where the faster, harder, and smarter you work, the more money you leave with at the end of the night.
Another major thing I gained from this job is knowledge of the area I live in, I know what specific time range certain area's are heavily backed up; and I know multiple ways to by-pass said traffic.

Cons

The only "complaint" I really have about this job is that Drivers only get payed $4.50/hr while they're out on a delivery. This is a very unpredictable and potentially dangerous job depending on the area you're taking a delivery to. I've had an old lady pull a double barrel shotgun on me.

The road-pay is what kills us. Only making $4.50/hr while we're on the road is almost humiliating and tends to push many drivers to speed excessively.

1093 Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut (View Most Recent)

Flexible but little benefits and pay

Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Stafford, VA
    Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Stafford, VA

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling throughout the year. Great while furthering your education

Cons

The benefits are minimal as well as the pay

Always remember your people drive your business.

Marketing department

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are fantastic - they pay very well and you get free pizza. There are really smart and dedicated people within the organization and most people get along very well. They try to make the environment a very fun place to work.

Cons

The leadership is lacking. Its either their way or the highway and its hard to do the right thing when leadership only wants to do things their way. If you aren't on the Brand side of things, you are sub-par in leadership's eyes. They aren't really open to people moving around within the organization and it can be challenging to get promoted. The company is very traditional and not really interested in moving the brand forward even though they say they are.

Don't over-invest in MBAs. There are plenty of smart people that don't have MBAs and can do an amazing job if given the chance. Take notice of the broader teams. Stop promoting people just because you like them and start promoting those who actually deserve it.

There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut