Pizza Hut

www.pizzahut.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

Fun, fast-paced atmosphere with opportunity to advance.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Shift Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-You eventually get to know everyone at your store, and there is an essence of family and everyone for the most part looks out for each other.

-If you do your job well, show up on time, and prove your desire to help the company succeed, you can be promoted.

-Various different types of jobs for people with different interests (cooking, cashier, answering phones, serving, expo, etc).

-You will be noticed if you make yourself stand out by going above and beyond the expectation.

-Fast-paced environment and there's always something to do.

Cons

-Pay isn't always great; servers make less than $3/hr and sometimes tips don't make up for it on slower business days, and even shift managers are payed less than $10/hr.

-Delivery drivers' cars start to wear down quickly.

-The work is sometimes very physically demanding, and if people call off you may need to work a double shift, which can be tiresome.

-No longer able to get over 29 hours if you aren't a salaried employee (aka GM or Asst. Manager), and no benefits.

-Some customers can be rude, but that's at every job.

-The yearly raises are very minuscule (5 cents for most employees).

-Employees are rarely recognized by upper management (franchise owners and district managers) for their achievements.

Recognize your good employees and provide them with some sort of incentive to want to stay with the company. At this point in time, most people look at Pizza Hut as a temporary job or a job to help them get some money on the side, but that can be changed if you make your employees want to grow and stay long term. There is already a decent opportunity to advance in the company, but not everyone wants to be a store manager or an assistant manager, so be creative with it.

1148 Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut (View Most Recent)

My favorite employer so far

Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Simple and easy work
    -Awesome coworkers, mangers, etc
    -Very flexible schedule
    -Walk home with cash everyday
    -Free food of any kind (all you gotta do is ask)

Cons

-Obviously being a driver, you gotta pay for gas and maintenance (they reimburse my gas by a little over a dollar every delivery)
    -NO TIPPERS
    -I dont just drive but would also work the inside and it can get very stressful (but that is true with most, if not all restaurants)
    -They dont give out paychecks, but instead have this card they put money on (i think) and you use it like a debit card. I have yet to use this card because i use my tip money to buy everything.
    -customer always right, workers always wrong

Im pretty sure this is impossible, but could you please make it so we dont have to bend over for customers so much.

Great people, great job!

Current Employee - Driver in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Driver in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great job, good people, fun environment. Promotion opportunitys existent for the right people. Overall a great place to work

Cons

Long hours. Dealing with customers complaining over petty little things gets annoying after a while. Not a bad job tho.

There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut