There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

The food is always delicious.

Former Employee - Server  in  Lebanon, PA
Former Employee - Server in Lebanon, PA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for more than a year

Pros

I liked working for Pizza Hut because of the money I made without a huge time commitment. I was in high school at the time of occupation and it provided a great financial stability for me even though I was only working part time. The hours suited my schedule, the people served were always friendly, and the food was good.

Cons

Well whenever someone works in any type of food service you're bound to smell like food. Whenever I got off work I smelled like pizza and oil. I've worked at two different Pizza Huts so I won't say this as a blanket statement but a few of the managers that I have worked under were very unsatisfactory. They chose favorites, had cliques, the managers would seek the manipulate the ones they did not like.

Make sure that everyone is cleaning everything the way they are supposed to.

978 Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut (View Most Recent)

Pizza Delivery

Current Employee - Driver  in  Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Driver in Akron, OH

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great tips as well as minimum wage and compensation per delivery. Cash in hand every night as well as a weekly paycheck.

Cons

Not guaranteed money (tips). Vehicle cost. Gas cost.

Fun, fast-paced atmosphere with opportunity to advance.

Current Employee - Shift Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for more than a year

Pros

-You eventually get to know everyone at your store, and there is an essence of family and everyone for the most part looks out for each other.

-If you do your job well, show up on time, and prove your desire to help the company succeed, you can be promoted.

-Various different types of jobs for people with different interests (cooking, cashier, answering phones, serving, expo, etc).

-You will be noticed if you make yourself stand out by going above and beyond the expectation.

-Fast-paced environment and there's always something to do.

Cons

-Pay isn't always great; servers make less than $3/hr and sometimes tips don't make up for it on slower business days, and even shift managers are payed less than $10/hr.

-Delivery drivers' cars start to wear down quickly.

-The work is sometimes very physically demanding, and if people call off you may need to work a double shift, which can be tiresome.

-No longer able to get over 29 hours if you aren't a salaried employee (aka GM or Asst. Manager), and no benefits.

-Some customers can be rude, but that's at every job.

-The yearly raises are very minuscule (5 cents for most employees).

-Employees are rarely recognized by upper management (franchise owners and district managers) for their achievements.

Recognize your good employees and provide them with some sort of incentive to want to stay with the company. At this point in time, most people look at Pizza Hut as a temporary job or a job to help them get some money on the side, but that can be changed if you make your employees want to grow and stay long term. There is already a decent opportunity to advance in the company, but not everyone wants to be a store manager or an assistant manager, so be creative with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!