There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

Flexible schedules for students, short-term employment.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Shift Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best option as a second job, primarily as a driver. Opportunity to work closely with a variety of people in a relaxed setting. Flexible hours, discounted employee meals, and very straightforward job tasks.

Cons

Stingy with pay raises and paid overtime, miscommunication and management inconsistencies result in a lax and tumultuous revenue periods, mediocre compensation/benefits. Having personally been offered an assistant management position twice, the additional responsibility is not worth the pay cap.

Take care of your employees! Having worked with both Staab and Peak Interests franchises (currently Peak), there is much to be desired in management and priorities with Peak. It's hard as a shift manager to motivate your team to excel and succeed when they are dissatisfied with being overworked and underpaid.

reviews filtered by

So many great employees that will never be treated the way they deserve....

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Altoona, IA
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Altoona, IA

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities for promotion, but at a cost.
    The in-store crews are amazing.

Cons

Regional managers have no respect for area/general managers.
    Zero breaks. None. At all. Ever. For any employees.
    No respect for accomplishments.
    Given mixed messages on a daily basis to cut hours, but achieve more.
    Mandatory 60 hours a week on the schedule, and then whatever is required beyond that each day.

Fire your regional managers when they are rude, disrespectful and demeaning. Listen to the people who actually do the hard work in your stores and restaurants. Pay your cooks more so that they want to stay once they learn how to make the perfect pizza. Breaks...Breaks...BREAKS.

2. Worked Like A Dog

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro was the tips. On a good day, I would make anywhere from $50-100 in tips. On a bad day, I only made $6-25. I met a lot of new people from delivering and also making friends with the employees and dine-in/walk-in customers. I had fun working.

Cons

Scheduling at my store was not as flexible as I thought. I worked 17 days straight from 9am-12am before I was able to get a day off from work. We did not have a general manager. As far as I know we still don't have a general manager, because they keep quitting. There is a shift manager that nobody likes, including customers that is very rude at times and is not a people person at all. We always would run out of dough EARLY, like before the lunch rush was over. There was either not enough people working or too many. There was no proper training a few days sitting at the computer and that was all the training I got. I learned things by either getting someone to tell me what to do or figuring it out myself. It didn't take much for us to get overwhelmed. Pizzas were coming out either late or incorrect. When things got really crazy we were instructed not to answer the phones. There were other minor things that were a turn-off from working at Pizza Hut.

General Managers are very few and very hard to come by and a promotion is unheard of.

There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut