There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

working as a driver at pizza hut

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Vermilion, OH
Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Vermilion, OH

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you can make good tips if you are a good driver

Cons

bad supporting cast no love for good workers

Advice to Management

make sure you treat your good employees better

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Worked Like A Dog

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro was the tips. On a good day, I would make anywhere from $50-100 in tips. On a bad day, I only made $6-25. I met a lot of new people from delivering and also making friends with the employees and dine-in/walk-in customers. I had fun working.

Cons

Scheduling at my store was not as flexible as I thought. I worked 17 days straight from 9am-12am before I was able to get a day off from work. We did not have a general manager. As far as I know we still don't have a general manager, because they keep quitting. There is a shift manager that nobody likes, including customers that is very rude at times and is not a people person at all. We always would run out of dough EARLY, like before the lunch rush was over. There was either not enough people working or too many. There was no proper training a few days sitting at the computer and that was all the training I got. I learned things by either getting someone to tell me what to do or figuring it out myself. It didn't take much for us to get overwhelmed. Pizzas were coming out either late or incorrect. When things got really crazy we were instructed not to answer the phones. There were other minor things that were a turn-off from working at Pizza Hut.

Advice to Management

General Managers are very few and very hard to come by and a promotion is unheard of.

Employees are Expendable and Not Valued

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Chesterton, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Chesterton, IN

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Discounted food (if you can stand to eat it after working around it all day). -Optional retirement account for management employees. -Some flexibility with schedules -Uniforms are provided

Cons

-Low hourly pay, with few (if any) opportunities for raises -NO paid benefits -Insurance available for purchase is very limited benefit and usually not worth the money. -Even after staying with the company for years, your job is threatened on an almost daily basis.