Pizza Hut

www.pizzahut.com

Austin Area Pizza Huts - It's about business

Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFlexible Hours, Easy to get (unpaid) time off, most management is approachable, job is fairly easy for most major positions. Despite the list of cons below, it's not a bad company. Drivers make decent money during football season (especially Cowboys games), make little money during summer. Spring is a mix.

ConsIt's very business oriented. What I mean is that everything will be done to make sure the bottom line is met. That means it is hard to get full time hours thanks to the new health care requirements, and the desire to have a large number of part time employees instead of a lesser number of full time. Average Pay for a "Inside Team Member" is $7.25, and for a Driver it is $4.50 on the road, $7.25 off the road, with about $0.95-1.07 a delivery for gas (most drivers break even on gas, but this does nothing for maintenance. Shift Leaders get paid just a bit more than team members, but not as much as some other restaurant chains.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management will visit stores on a regular basis, but most give fluff or "business speak" to employees that don't even pass a basic "sniff test". Being more honest and transparent to your staff when you visit will prevent some of the trash talk the average staff member does once your leave. Explaining to us from a business point of view and at least being honest will help many staff members have respect for you, even if we don't like the decisions. There's nothing worse than being told to your face that it's good for your paychecks when it actually means less pay or hours.

Leadership Experience

Shift Manager (Current Employee) Hillview, KY

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time for less than a year

Pros: During my time at Pizza Hut, I have been promoted into leadership within a year, and I received an additional increase in pay during that… Cons: As with most restaurant situations, the people are crude. Also, there's a lot of drama constantly (especially in a new… Advice to Senior Management: Put into place cameras to watch the tills. If the tills (cash registers) come up short, sometimes, the closing shift manager will put money… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Delivery- better than most, worse than some.

Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible with hours and scheduling. Decent, but younger employee base. Cons: Scatterbrained, unqualified management and low wages. Advice to Senior Management: Get it together. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pizza Hut.

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!