Pizza Hut is very drama-filled

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Sioux City, IA
Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Sioux City, IA

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a driver so didn't have to be in the store dealing with the idiot's I worked with. If I was lucky enough to be scheduled 5 hours I got free food. There's pretty good room for growth.

Cons

I rarely ever got any hours all week, and a lot of times when I did get hours there were way too many scheduled drivers, so I went on hardly any deliveries. It seemed either way too busy or really dead. The customers are very rude, and tips sucked. Get called almost every day I have scheduled off.

Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut

1. For what you're doing, the pay is a joke.

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Shift Manager in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, free food, smoke breaks, free-time occasionally to look at cell phone or make a call. Hard work and learning the job may lead to a shift manager promotion, and perhaps quickly. This is maybe also a con, as you will take on more responsibilities, which will lead to more stressful situations. You will also be relied on more heavily and have less free time. You may wonder if the raise is worth the extra work load. After two years of being hired to learn the job and become a manager ASAP (almost unheard of, especially with no restaurant experience ) I make around $1.50 more than minimum wage. NO concept of regular reviews for raises for team members, they're seemingly given out rarely, and with no rhyme or reason.

Cons

The nature of fast, cheap food caters to rude and unintelligent people. The road conditions are awful for drivers, and all customers care about is getting food very quickly, even if you tell them on the phone that it will be an hour and a half, they'll still call after 45 minutes wondering why it isn't there yet. The pay is awful. For the largest pizza chain in the world, it's a shame you don't pay people more than minimum wage. It should be common sense that the turn-over rate is so high because anyone can go across the street at so-and-so's restaurant and make a better wage from day one. You can't keep anybody in this system, so you're constantly training new people, which ends up costing the company time and money. However, the company has enough money to keep wasting, since they sure aren't investing it into their restaurant workers. General managers and assistant managers on salaries are working 50-60 a week for somewhere between $36,000 and $40,000 a year. Best case scenario is you're a delivery driver in a safe, yet busy area for pizza. Then, you're looking at $25,000 - $30,000 a year if you're working full time. The wear and tear is always a pain though. Finding an address and taking the best route may take time, but most drivers are using GPS anyway.

Advice to Management

Put in the work to make an accurate schedule. Check to see if local events are going on which would increase business so you can schedule accordingly. Take time in the mornings to train newer people when it's less busy. I'm tired of new people starting on Friday and Saturday nights, getting overwhelmed and hating the job right away. It's not a good way to promote your store as a decent place to work. Newer cooks should be working next to veteran cooks to learn recipes and where things are for a good two weeks at least, or until they catch on and feel comfortable maybe cooking a shift by themselves. Also, fight to get your team members raises.

2. Less than competitive pay. Co Workers are mostly convicted felons

Former Employee - Restaurant Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Restaurant Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy going work environment with free food. Flexible hours and a good location to drive to day in and day out. I also liked the district management team.

Cons

coworkers are mostly convicted felons. Delivery drivers make more than managers in tips and cooks get paid minimum wage.

Advice to Management

mandate a background check