There are newer employer reviews for PizzaExpress

positive place, potential to develop yourself, to much politics though... - based on restaurant

I have been working at PizzaExpress

Pros

- well established company
- potential to progress
- good as an additional job
- as for supervisor or assistant manager - money okay
- company is growing and developing itself too
- friendly atmosphere - it depends on people you work with though
- staff discount card and benefits more to come - as there is going to be more discounts to use in some of the high street main retailers
- there is few really good managers with good leaderships skills

Cons

- too much politics
- lack of decent organised benefits as pension scheme and health care - there is something but really no good value - mainly you have to pay for it
- not as much good managers who could encourage staff to develop, recognise a good work and reward their staff
- managers want the biggest profit as possible with spending as little as possible - to just pocket their additional bonus money, with no keeping in their mind it is possible only thanks to their hardworking staff
- all over vouchers - customers used to come to our restaurants for the brand not only because they have voucher to redeem
- as for supervisor or assistant manager - money okay but not exceptional (considering the amount of responsibilities)
- very unsociable working hours

8 Other Employee Reviews for PizzaExpress (View Most Recent)

Fast and sometimes furious

Current Employee - Senior Pizziola in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Pizziola in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at PizzaExpress

Pros

Fast paced environment, tremendous team spirit within the kitchen and ultimately a FUN way to make a living.

Cons

No team spirit between the kitchen and front of house staff, very much a "them and us" environment. Restaurant management are barely more than children taught to manage by ticking boxes. If you want to work for a company that thinks it's OK to pay a skilled chef half of what it pays a 16-year student - because they get tips and you wont, then this is the company for you!

You need to sort the disparity between the incomes of front of house and back of house staff. Why should your chefs be the only ones who do not share in the good will they produce?

I have no experience to your company here

Current Employee - Cleaner in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Cleaner in London, England (UK)

I have been working at PizzaExpress full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm interested in why and a great company here
    and I think there is a chance to grow
    and to learn new methods and new ways of working.

Cons

I do not know, but I want to find out if they really exist
    I was informing on your ability to work, to welcome and satisfy the customer and very good, no complaints

I do not know yet the situation to be able to give my opinion, I can only say from what I learned in the restaurant business, so much team spirit

There are newer employer reviews for PizzaExpress