There are newer employer reviews for Plan-Net

Lower/Middle Management Good, Directors out of touch with reality

I worked at Plan-Net

Pros

Good experience on different sites
Blue chip customers
lower management friendly

Cons

Lack of progression and documentation
communication poor
perks poor
Directors rule with iron fist
Pay and benefits poor compared to other london based companies
Small company with limited progression

Get the directors out of their offices to speak to the staff and find out how they are and what they need and want!

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Plan-Net full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Given a great amount of independence to accomplish goals. Management listens! Great company culture and coworkers.

Cons

Can be a massive workload but if your career is your focus then it's fine.

Some good learning, tainted by abysmal leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Plan-Net full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In the head office there are some good eggs. There were, at least at the time I was there, some capable individuals who had enough variety of experience to allow for the sharing and development of knowledge. People are also generally quite friendly and the people in your "tier" will generally be great.

For a junior or middle manager, the business knowledge of the directors is actually quite strong, to a man, they have a lot of strength between them and can teach you a great deal - that is assuming you can sift through the cliches and interminable condecension.

You will get experience in legal. It does help when you come to seek a new job.

Cons

The decision making and leadership qualities demonstrated by the directors is awful. There were times when directors would tell me to do something that was in total contradiction to the other leading me to have to question whose actions I should actually be taking. Not so bad in itself, but to then get blamed when something fails due to that decision is not really all that satisfying.

Toward the end of my tenure at Plan-Net it was clear that there were a few people who weren't popular. The expression "being managed out" isn't alien to me, but forcing people through several weeks of unprofessional confidence assassination isn't a good way to convince someone to leave. It'd have been simpler if someone had just said "your face doesn't fit". All the same they've now all left, some through choice and some through contrived dismissals.

Did I mention directors berating their managers in the middle of the main office in front of staff? How about being told outright lies, for example that a customer had said I was useless (I later asked them and they flat out denied it). Although they had asked exactly what they were paying for as a reflection of PN's total cost service.

The salaries are pretty poor. Especially for technical staff, be it as part of the much vaunted Legal 24 or even as a contractor out on site somewhere. The turn over of staff is so high that recruitment and hiring managers are forced in to half truths to get you through the door.

The company runs and bonuses on the amount of paper work generated. One of the reviews here mentions that the 1-2-1 minutes were exactly the same as those in the previous month. This is hardly suprising as you have to complete the paperwork, there's often little to be said but there's a penalty for not doing it. In principle a monthly meeting is great. In reality many people don't want that frequency of interaction.

Pay your low level staff more. Increase your staff satisfaction. Reduce turnover. Improve retained knowledge. Develop a second line technical support team for career progression. Improve your training options. Make some space so your staff have a rest room. Hire some vending machines.

There are newer employer reviews for Plan-Net