Planet Consulting

www.planetgroupinc.com
  www.planetgroupinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Planet Consulting

A great company to get started with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Planet Consulting

Pros

Planet has created a great environment for entry level IT staff to get their foot in the door and experience in companies that they might not otherwise be able to.

Cons

In the managed services contract I worked under, there was an artificial ceiling limiting the technicians' career growth. This may not be true of all contract arrangements or full-time positions with the company.

When I worked for Planet, there was very little support in developing individuals professionally (tuition reimbursement, etc.), so if changes have not already been made in that area, that would be a huge step forward.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Planet Consulting (View Most Recent)

"Fair wage, for a college student. Too much ceiling".

Current Employee - L1 Helpdesk Technician in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - L1 Helpdesk Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Planet Consulting

Pros

The managers are some of the best i've ever had, and the workplace environment has been wonderful. I wish the contract hadn't ended, however. I would have gladly worked here for the rest of my college times.

Cons

Contract ended. Little oppourtunity to grow. [More an affect of the client, than anything]. Worth far more than we are actually paid - but compared to other places in Omaha [West Corporation] in Entry-level positions: It's not so bad.

None

Good, small company if you like autonomy.

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Planet Consulting

Pros

Planet has a very casual atmosphere. People are real, up-front and there is not a lot of candy-coating how they feel. It's not uncommon to hear a cuss word spring up from time to time. But it is NOT a negative environment at all. People are friendly and low stress. There is opportunity to serve different roles and change is constant. Being such a small company, there is little room for failure or stagnation. Conditions change in the market, in our customer mix, our corporate focus and everyone has to be able to adapt. To someone seeking a steady, controlled, organized environment, Planet would be a painful place to work. For someone who loves a constantly changing challenge, it's great.

Cons

Small, immature company. Sales oriented.

Communicate more company-wide. Foster employee morale and community more.

There are newer employer reviews for Planet Consulting