There are newer employer reviews for Planet Fitness

Overall my time with Planet Fitness has been great.

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Norwich, CT
Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Norwich, CT

I have been working at Planet Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My favorite thing about working here is how close you get with the members, most of them become your second family. My second favorite thing about working here is that the staff is like family from day one.

Cons

I don't think I have ever had any challenges working here.

Advice to Management

Don't let your Regional Managers talk down to Front Desk Associates that want to become future Managers. I was told by my Regional Manager very rudely that I was not ready for a Management Position, even though I have worked there about the same length in time as she has or longer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Love the people

I have been working at Planet Fitness part-time

Pros

- I loved how they give each worker an opportunities to advance. - Love the interaction with the members - Management shows their appreciation of workers!

Cons

- The bathrooms can get a little out of hand especially if your coworkers don't play a

The best people you'll ever meet, and the worst. But it might just be worth it.

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate

I have been working at Planet Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to be with people who WANT to be healthy. and you get to encourage them through the process. Youll meet some amazing and wonderful people who will wind up loving you. You get access to the gym and its amenities whenever. If you dont know much about working out before you will. You get a chance for a 0.50 raise after 30 days at mine and then 0.50 every 6 months after that.

Cons

You WILL be called horrible things. You WILL be threatened with legal action often by dumb member who dont care enough to read or listen to you when you explain the contract that they signed. You WILL encounter vomit on occasion... and poo... and pee... oh and regardless of sex/gender you WILL see nakedness.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to get heavy handed. Do NOT cower when your members get mad. they are already going to excellence and they just want a reason so lets make it a damn good one and make them know we aren't the (bad name) that they call us on the forums. And as a note, in case corporate does read this, I have been called some horrible things while relaying the 'script' that is given. Heck, im sure the city i give will be enough to pin me down. But alas, due to the possibility of being VERY fired i will keep that to myself.