Planned Parenthood

www.plannedparenthood.org

It is a great place to start your career--not for profit or otherwise.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOne of the best reasons to work at Planned Parenthood would have to be the flexibility given to employees to maintain work / life balance. The leadership of the organization can empathize with its employees needing to take time to address personal matters by adjusting your schedule accordingly.

ConsThere is a lack of coaching to assist those in junior level positions to move upward through the organization. Many employees have been there for a number of years, which may prohibit the continuation of one moving up the responsibility ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership should provide more career development opportunities to those who are not middle management. Perhaps this could be done on a quarterly basis.

Exciting fulfilling work but disappointing management throughout.

Program Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros: Very nice people Good working hours and benefits Extraordinarily rewarding mission and… Cons: Upper level mismanagement -- except for CEO -- is surprising Favoritism in… Advice to Senior Management: The dysfunction flows from the office of the COO downward. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Learning experience

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Planned Parenthood

Pros: This was a good learning experience for me. My next job came really fast, which was very helpful for me. I got to learn a… Cons: My group made a lot of mistakes and didn't learn from them which made it hard for us to improve. We made decisions based on… Advice to Senior Management: In my group, I wish they would have been more honest with people, because the company is really good. People love the mission and most… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Planned Parenthood.

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!