Planned Parenthood

www.plannedparenthood.org
  www.plannedparenthood.org
There are newer employer reviews for Planned Parenthood

It is a great place to start your career--not for profit or otherwise.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Planned Parenthood

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at Planned Parenthood would have to be the flexibility given to employees to maintain work / life balance. The leadership of the organization can empathize with its employees needing to take time to address personal matters by adjusting your schedule accordingly.

Cons

There is a lack of coaching to assist those in junior level positions to move upward through the organization. Many employees have been there for a number of years, which may prohibit the continuation of one moving up the responsibility ladder.

Leadership should provide more career development opportunities to those who are not middle management. Perhaps this could be done on a quarterly basis.

164 Other Employee Reviews for Planned Parenthood (View Most Recent)

Exciting fulfilling work but disappointing management throughout.

Former Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros

Very nice people
    Good working hours and benefits
    Extraordinarily rewarding mission and goals
    Diverse issues
    Good amount of responsibility even at more junior levels

Cons

Upper level mismanagement -- except for CEO -- is surprising
    Favoritism in promotions
    Irrational hiring and firing, which means that attrition and turnover is demoralizing.

The dysfunction flows from the office of the COO downward. If there is change in that office, there is great hope.

Learning experience

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at Planned Parenthood

Pros

This was a good learning experience for me. My next job came really fast, which was very helpful for me. I got to learn a lot about areas where I could improve things so I could take this with me. People were committed to the mission, which made it a nice place to work. I liked the projects I was given, they were really important. I got to update all the employee files, which was a big project that I finished myself.

Cons

My group made a lot of mistakes and didn't learn from them which made it hard for us to improve. We made decisions based on friendships and didn't follow rules. This made a lot of people really mad. There seemed to be a lot of dishonesty. Breaking the rules seemed to happen all the time, even if they were new rules. Some people seemed to make up rules. Lots of really good people left while I was there and we were told not to discuss the reasons why and weren't allowed to tell managers to help them.

In my group, I wish they would have been more honest with people, because the company is really good. People love the mission and most of them love their jobs, and our group could do so much more to make it a good place where people feel supported. I hope they are able to fix some of the challenges soon before things get worse.

There are newer employer reviews for Planned Parenthood