Planned Parenthood
www.plannedparenthood.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Very political, inside and out

San Diego, CA

I worked at Planned Parenthood

ProsGood fringe benefits (flexible schedules, health insurance, time off). Allows you to serve a population in need. Many people feel very good about working there and serving the patients.

ConsPolitical challenges are always abound, from the outside (protesters, government funding cuts, anti-abortion bills, etc) and inside (you need to work with a lot of people to get things done...lots of decision by committee There is little "coloring outside the lines"). Every year there are budget issues due to government funding so you're always wondering if this year is the year of more staffing cuts, budget cuts, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementLine level staff do not have much confidence in executive leadership's ability to succeed. Working on conveying competence and showing knowledge would help people think they know something. At this point it just seems like they delegate everything to the managers.

Great misssion, hard work, no payoff

Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros: The missions is important and most people are really driven by that and that is something that kept us motivated and excited about… Cons: There are no opportunities to grow withing the administrative (nonclinical) positions. The pay is low, the benefits shabby, and the… Advice to Senior Management: People should be paid competitively and there should be attempts to promote… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to start and a place to come back to.

New York, NY

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros: Great team to work with. Cons: Little room for advancement in many departments. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Planned Parenthood.

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Planned Parenthood reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards. All reviews posted anonymously by Planned Parenthood employees.