Worked at Planned Parenthood for six months, it was a pretty good job

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Jacksonville Beach, FL
Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Jacksonville Beach, FL

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros

I enjoyed being able to educate patients on a daily basis. I also liked the staff that worked there, they are very helpful and willing to teach you if you want to learn. Everyone maintained a professional attitude. All in all it was an ok place to work, I would go back but they don't pay enough to ofset the cost in gas.

Cons

It was a long ass drive from my house (I lived about 45 minutes away). The office that I worked in was open only evening hours at the time and it hardly made the drive worth it. I also only made about $8 an hour, which I have now come to realize what most people in this position make. Sad because I paid 10 grand to go to school to make 8 bucks an hour. Another kinda crappy part is having to work saturdays assisting with abortions, there were picketers there every week yelling at me as I drove up.

none, I don't know who is there now

Other Reviews for Planned Parenthood

Ok

Former Employee - Intern  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Former Employee - Intern in Nairobi (Kenya)

I worked at Planned Parenthood as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment,admin staff are very friendly, great opportunity to meet professionals working in the Gender and reproductive health field.

Cons

mid level management is not so great.

Interns should have an opportunity to share their concerns during their internship direct to the HQ office.

As the former North West Regional YAM Coordinator, in Nigeria. PPFN wider my scope of learning in the aspect of Sexu

Former Employee - Volunteer Specialist  in  Kaduna (Nigeria)
    Former Employee - Volunteer Specialist in Kaduna (Nigeria)

I worked at Planned Parenthood as an intern for more than 8 years

Pros

am using the knowledge i acquire from PPFN to the development of my community, state and Nation.

Cons

We have a lot of Youth Activities, but lack of fund or support from the office, hinders the implementation of the project.

1.Proper and Effective monitoring of Youth Activities is strongly Advised.
    2. Timely release of Youth funds project is encouraged.
    3. Involvement of Youth in all the PPFN activities and decision, implementation of PPFN Governinig level is very important.
     I

There are newer employer reviews for Planned Parenthood.

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!