Planned Parenthood

www.plannedparenthood.org
  www.plannedparenthood.org
There are newer employer reviews for Planned Parenthood

intern at bay area office

I worked at Planned Parenthood

Pros

very nice people. enjoyed working with them

Cons

didnt feel like there were any huge cons

none that comes to mind right now

179 Other Employee Reviews for Planned Parenthood (View Most Recent)

Communication is Key

Current Employee - Business Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Planned Parenthood is a great organization to work for with great benefits and opportunities

Cons

Management has poor communication and salaries are low

Better communication with each other and employees will help the clinic run seamlessly.

Very Disappointing

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

making a genuine difference to patients, empowering others, better working environment and salary than hospital (believe it not, PP pays well) for licensed staff (LPN, RN, NP/PA) almost reveered [personally I see this as both a pro and con!], training is comprehensive

Cons

I worked for PP for a number of years in various different roles. There is very poor compensation and no perks for some of the other positions (non-licensed) that require working overtime/weekend hours. It's the only company I've worked for that makes you do the work of the next higher position up, then several months (or years later) decides to give you the title and raise that goes along with it. I found this to be very insulting, but it's a pretty consistent indicator of their corporate culture as a whole. When I read another reviewers "cons" about Planned Parenthood, I felt as though we shared the exact same experience! There is high drama at PP, and at times it felt exactly like high school but even worse because your job is on the line. The company loves to say they have an "open door policy" but all that serves to do is encourage staff to run directly to HR and lodge silly complaints. It all seemed so very useless and dramatic to me. Those at the top, SVP's and such, are pretty unqualified for their titles and don't actually do much except attend meetings and out-earn all the folks who work hard day in and day out to keep the company afloat. I suppose that is true for most companies, but I guess I had higher expectations for PP who talks a good talk. If you go on salary (exception NP's/PA's) you will be expected to work, and I mean WORK some serious overtime. Again, they do talk a good game about work/life balance, but at the end of the day this company and will take advantage of your willingness to do a good job. The protesters are an occasional bother. Unfortunately PP is a blemish on your resume depending on how conservative your area is.

Stop the clique-like behavior and the stereotypical dramatics. Focus on your mission and treat people well instead of just talking as though you do. When mistakes are made, acknowledge them. Pay people for the work that they do. If you can't find a way to provide decent perks, ask employees for suggestions on how to cost-cut instead of making surprise decisions that don't make sense. Upper management made some very morale crushing fires that could have been eliminated and caused everyone to start looking for alternative employment ASAP. Never forget that the best suggestions often come from those at the bottom.

There are newer employer reviews for Planned Parenthood