There are newer employer reviews for Planned Systems International

Good overall working environment people generally seem to care about its employees.

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Planned Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People at the HEADQUARTERS were nice, treated employees well.

Cons

This company did not have a strong foot hold in the intelligence community for contractors, thus finding another job was impossible if you were a Program Analyst or Intelligence Analyst trained person.

Advice to Management

Centralize your Business Development and Capture Management capabilities make it one focused department and have Program Managers be more involved and aware of the inner politics of government clients and the arrival of possible new contracts.

Other Employee Reviews for Planned Systems International

PSI firmly believes in their values of people, service and integrity. I am proud to be a part of the PSI family.

Current Employee - Director Business Development in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Director Business Development in Arlington, VA

Pros

Very community oriented work place, Senior Mgmt encourage all employees to feel empowered, opportunities for success, independent thought is encouraged

Cons

Occasionally it is disorganized and Sr. Mgmt has an overly laissez faire style.

Rushed hiring job led to poor fit on the job site

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

My pay and my benefits are fantastic, and PSI as a company is nice to work for-- great values, good corporate communication.

Cons

A super-fast hiring process and lack of communication before my start date left little time for discussion about my actual assignment, which ended up changing on my first day. It's all about the client's needs here, and there's not a lot of resources leftover for the employee. My PM was switched 20 minutes before I walked into my new office, and the new PM didn't even work for my company. My actual assignment is dull and I am underutilized.

Advice to Management

Focus more on your employee's happiness in their assignments and take the time to place them well. You will waste resources when they quit shortly after being hired because you didn't take the time to see where they would add the most value to the client. Employee's needs don't have to be at odds with the client's. Employees cannot be treated like cogs in a machine that can just be dropped in at will.