There are newer employer reviews for Plante Moran

Disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Plante Moran

Pros

Great people, generally speaking. Reasonable workload.

Cons

Some very dysfunctional behavior concerning customer service. Impersonal work culture. Lack of diversity.

Don't drink the kool-aide. PM may be voted a great place to work, but it's got plenty of internal areas of improvement.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Plante Moran (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career

Former Employee - Audit Staff in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Audit Staff in Southfield, MI

I worked at Plante Moran

Pros

In the audit department, you gain exposure to the entire audit process, from planning to the issuance of the financial statements. I feel I gained a more balanced skill set than I would have at a Big 4 firm.

Cons

You must be willing to work long hours, but that is true for any large firm. High performers get overloaded, while weaker staff generally aren't as busy.

Focus on the things that differentiate Plante from the Big 4, rather than trending toward a Big 4 environment.

Great people, great benefits, great place to work

Former Employee - Healthcare Reimbursement Consultant in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Healthcare Reimbursement Consultant in Southfield, MI

Pros

Pros:

- They treat employees like they are made of gold. Work/life balance & benefits were second to none.

- Flextime was great. Anytime I wanted to work from home, I could.

Cons

Cons:

- Not a big 4 firm, so the knowledge base and lateral knowledge transfer is sometimes lacking.

- Doesn't pay as well as big 4, but you do have a much better work/life balance.

- Some of the people they were promoting to partner right before I left did not embody the P&M values. I hope they evaluate partners on more than how much cash they bring in, and consider employee relation & development skills.

Keep focusing on keeping employees happy and re-evaluate partner selection criteria. Some new partners acted more like used car salesmen than professional accountants and they were losing clients and prestige because of that

There are newer employer reviews for Plante Moran