There are newer employer reviews for Plante Moran

Friendly Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Plante Moran full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a good reason Plante Moran has been ranked as one of the best employers to work for. The company really treats their employees well. The office had a really friendly environment and several perks for employees. Before I started, I was sent a beautiful gift basket welcoming me to the company and on my first day, was taken out to lunch by a few other employees. Management is understanding and works with you so you're able to meet personal obligations and ensure a good work-life balance.

Cons

I really couldn't have asked for a better work environment or company culture. However, I did find the work dry and not very challenging. Perhaps that is just the nature of this side of finance/accounting. I did not have upper management supervise me which provided for flexibility, but I felt actually limited my growth. At that point in my career, I may have benefited greatly from having a mentor or more guidance in my position.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Plante Moran (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Assurance Staff  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Assurance Staff in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Plante Moran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is highly promoted within the firm which makes work enjoyable. Everyone is very nice and ALWAYS willing to help explain things. The compensation is much higher than expected for a regional firm. Plante Moran offers great training and career planning. Thus, resulting in a low turn-over.

Cons

Hours during busy season can be long, but that is standard for the profession. Some of the trainings can be a little repetitive, but it is nice that Plante invests in the personal and professional growth of their staff.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great learning experience, but "We Care" only applies to cookie cutter employees.

Former Employee - Assurance In-charge  in  Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Assurance In-charge in Flint, MI

I worked at Plante Moran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Competitive wage
    -CPA exam bonus
    -Most staff are great to work with
    -Firm training is extensive and value added
    -Varied experiences in audit and assurance can launch career into private sector or non-profit arena

Cons

P&M tends to only hire a certain kind of person that fits what they expect of someone who will be "successful" in public accounting. When people don't fit the mold they are quickly ostracized by their team partner and managers. There is a lot of emphasis on physical appearance and the majority of the company leadership is still male (as is still typical for the accounting/finance industry.)

Get with the times. Not everyone you hire should be a W.A.S.P. (white anglo-saxon protestant)

There are newer employer reviews for Plante Moran

Worked for Plante Moran? Contribute to the Community!