Plex Systems, Inc.

www.plex.com
  www.plex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Plex Systems, Inc.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Troy, MI
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture. Our employee satisfaction survey results last year were the highest that the third party had ever seen. Certain categories saw slight decreases in scores over the last 3 years due to growing pains, so the company organized 4 groups to try to determine how to improve those areas. Everyone in the company knows we have a good thing going and no one wants to see it go.

You get as much as you want out of the company. There are those who treat it as a 9 to 5 and others who seek out membership on teams and advancement within the company. I'm the latter and I have thrived in the company for years.

Cons

I no longer know everyone's name.

Protect the culture or else we'll be just another company.

Plex Systems, Inc. Response

Aug 6, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Couldn't agree with you more. It is inevitable that our culture will evolve as we grow...and we will certainly be growing rapidly over the coming years! Fortunately, we have a strong existing set ... More

50 Other Employee Reviews for Plex Systems, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Wonderful company to work for - forward thinking product vision, strong leaders, good compensation/benefits

Current Employee - Customer Care Analyst in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Care Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, management that realizes that the growth of the company is dependent on the growth/training/investment in personnel. Recognition of personal achievements, open to suggestions in internal/customer facing policy.

Cons

None thus far...first employer I've ever been able to say this for!

Keep investing in people, they are our most important asset!

I suggest we adopt Google's model for gauging individual performance - clear metrics/expectations so we can gauge our progress. Monthly updates (with scrubbed data) so we can see how we rank among our peers, on a percentile basis. This would prevent any surprises during an annual review and set clear targets for personal growth/promotion.

Proud to be an employee!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plex Systems is a great place to work! I am surrounded by people that are bright, engaged, and hard-working and their passion for what we do as a company shows no matter where you look. We have a great product (dare I say "the BEST"?) and a phenomenal team supporting it! I am so proud to be a part of this team!

Cons

There continue to be some "bumps in the road" as we grow larger, but we work together to find the right solution both for us as a company and for our customers.

Manufacturing and ERP both have unique considerations for our customers (both future and present). You have a team that KNOWS what they are doing - don't be afraid to count on them and trust what they tell you. We've been doing this for a long time now and no one wants to see you all succeed more than we do!

There are newer employer reviews for Plex Systems, Inc.