A place for a job; but not a career

Current Employee - (Technical)  in  Neenah, WI
Current Employee - (Technical) in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Plexus

Pros

a paycheck
people in the trenches as well as low level bosses are generally friendly & helpful
no micromanaging (management probably just too lazy; otherwise they probably would)

Cons

My experience with plexus has been very disappointing. The old timers tell about how good it was years ago when plexus was a small local company. Now it is just a standard soulless American corporation where $$$ is almighty and the workers are looked upon as just money sucking nuisances. Workers benefits have slowly eroded over this last recession despite having record sales for many of the quarters. Last week we got the news that they are going to start issuing demerit points for being sick; even if you have sick leave left! The corporation doesn't utilize their talent base as many people are way over qualified for their job responsibilities. Management is reluctant to giving internal promotions or even letting people transfer from the Neenah, WI plants to the Appleton, WI plants because they are overly afraid of filling the holes with someone worse. And woe to the general low level factory worker. Not only have their jobs become scarce do to the abuse of over using temps, but their wages are barely enough to live on at best.

My advice is to skip this company unless you really need a job and to continue to look for a place to have a real career.

1) Stop treating your workers like little children. The policies of the company toward their workers look more like they were written by a vice principal of a high school verses a corporate HR department. We are suppose to all be adults here. If your workers are that immature, why did you hire them in the first place?!
2) Really empower your workers. Don't just pay lip service to this. I have never been involved with such a top down company in my life. Even the focus factory managers seem to be powerless and have their hands tied by upper management! Your workers are the ones that should know their own job the best and how to make it more productive. Not you!

There are many more. But I doubt you will listen to the two above and make any serious changes.

Other Reviews for Plexus

It was very fast paced, expect a lot out of you.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Neenah, WI

I worked at Plexus

Pros

Very good people to work with. The engineers and support staff is second to none. The engineers know a lot and will share with you their experiences.

Cons

It is a sink or swim type of place. You need to able to perform and learn quickly or you won't last after they throw you in the deep end. They have a reputation in the area as a place that goes through a fair amount of people.

Listen to your employees and play to their strengths. Make sure that you don't overload your employees and then wonder what happened.

Long on promises, short on delivery.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I worked at Plexus

Pros

The middle management team is dedicated, hard-working and passionate about growing the business, supporting the team members, and taking care of the customers.

Cons

The current senior management team has no clue on how to run a business by motivating employees and winning and retaining customers.

Learn about your team members, suppliers and customers, and show them how partnerships really work. Spend less time in the ivory tower and more time out on the production floor and with the customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Plexus.

Worked for Plexus? Contribute to the Community!