Plexus

www.plexus.com
  www.plexus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Plexus

Work here if you REALLY just need a job.

Current Employee - Lean Sigma Champion - Site in Neenah, WI
Current Employee - Lean Sigma Champion - Site in Neenah, WI

Pros

Benefits
Great Hourly Production Associates
Nice Facilities

Cons

Poor Site Leadership
Lack of Respect for Hourly Production Associates
Frequent Number of Un-Paid Days Off With LIttle Notice

Care for your people....truly care for them as if they were members of your family.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Plexus (View Most Recent)

Over time, Plexus has gone from a great place to work to less.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Plexus

Pros

People, people, people. The individuals you work with make ever day worth while; they give it their all. I am proud to be part of their family.

Cons

What may be best or at least in the interest of the employee is pretty far down on the importance scale.

Consider the people that have helped Plexus become the company it currently is, not just those that currently lead, but all employees.

A place for a job; but not a career

Current Employee - (Technical) in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - (Technical) in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Plexus

Pros

a paycheck
    people in the trenches as well as low level bosses are generally friendly & helpful
    no micromanaging (management probably just too lazy; otherwise they probably would)

Cons

My experience with plexus has been very disappointing. The old timers tell about how good it was years ago when plexus was a small local company. Now it is just a standard soulless American corporation where $$$ is almighty and the workers are looked upon as just money sucking nuisances. Workers benefits have slowly eroded over this last recession despite having record sales for many of the quarters. Last week we got the news that they are going to start issuing demerit points for being sick; even if you have sick leave left! The corporation doesn't utilize their talent base as many people are way over qualified for their job responsibilities. Management is reluctant to giving internal promotions or even letting people transfer from the Neenah, WI plants to the Appleton, WI plants because they are overly afraid of filling the holes with someone worse. And woe to the general low level factory worker. Not only have their jobs become scarce do to the abuse of over using temps, but their wages are barely enough to live on at best.

My advice is to skip this company unless you really need a job and to continue to look for a place to have a real career.

1) Stop treating your workers like little children. The policies of the company toward their workers look more like they were written by a vice principal of a high school verses a corporate HR department. We are suppose to all be adults here. If your workers are that immature, why did you hire them in the first place?!
    2) Really empower your workers. Don't just pay lip service to this. I have never been involved with such a top down company in my life. Even the focus factory managers seem to be powerless and have their hands tied by upper management! Your workers are the ones that should know their own job the best and how to make it more productive. Not you!

There are many more. But I doubt you will listen to the two above and make any serious changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Plexus