Pluckers Wing Bar

www.pluckers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pluckers Wing Bar

a fun place but not forever

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Pluckers Wing Bar full-time

Pros

you'll make some money, meet some cool people, eat some wings

Cons

long hard hours, annoying politics, lots and lots of guidelines

27 Other Employee Reviews for Pluckers Wing Bar (View Most Recent)

Fast promotions, slow money.

Former Employee - Server/Bartender/Trainer in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender/Trainer in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Pluckers Wing Bar full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Merit based promotion system, the harder you work and do your job the more likely you are to get promoted. Friendly and family driven work environment.

Cons

Emphasis on teamwork often backfires, I found myself helping everyone else and they wouldn't be as quick to help me. I also made less than what I was used to in the restaurant industry compared to the amount of work I was doing. This led me to work even more/longer hours and negatively effected my personal life.

All the management at my store was pretty phenomenal. I have no advice to give them, other than work harder than your employees. I saw my managers constantly husting and outworking the servers/bartenders/kitchen staff. That really inspired us to work harder. If you're the type of manager who just gives orders, you aren't getting the most out of your staff.

Great pay, but very inflexible.

Former Employee - Cook -Short Order in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Cook -Short Order in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Pluckers Wing Bar part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, you receive thorough and comprehensive training, and you receive free meals whenever you work. Management was knowledgeable. Challenging environment.

Cons

Scheduling was a huge issue. You never knew when your shift would end until you arrived, and shifts could be anywhere from five to eleven hours long. They did not honor schedule requests that were put in months in advance. Many senior employees were unfriendly toward newer employees, which led to a decrease in job satisfaction.

Hire more employees and split up shifts. An employee should know well in advance if he's going to be at the restaurant until 4 in the morning.

There are newer employer reviews for Pluckers Wing Bar