Plum District

www.plumdistrict.com

Never thought I would walk into something so unethical

Regional Manager (Former Employee)

Prosthe concept is great. Strong woman working their way back into the work place.
 A place for women to truly have the 'work life balance' that is needed in this world.
* Women employing women- what a concept!

ConsNone of the Pros hold true.
*They laid off a large number of their sales force on mothers day weekend. Mothers Employing Mothers? I guess not.
*Reactive environment
*They flew all Regional Managers throughout the country to their HQ for a national sales meeting
*2 days later all those regionals were let go. They were informed when they could not log onto their computers that AM. Leadership then called them (after it was known what was happening) and read from a script that they no longer had a job with the organization.
*These Regionals were top performers in the company
*One Regional had just received the offer 2 weeks prior,quit her position with her previous employer, accepted the Plum District position, flew out to this meeting - worked 4 full days for Plum District only to be called and told she no longer had a position after 4 days on the job.
*Either they are extremely disorganized or extremely unethical
*Immature leadership
*Unethical practices across the board. Reactive changes in commission plan, salaries
*Dishonesty throughout the interviewing process on the reality of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out your ethics. Practice what you preach: 'Know your values and who you are and live your life accordingly' is what the CEO just recently said. Laughable. The CEO does not run your company this way. Or maybe leadership does know that they have horrible values and you are just running the company into the ground with unfathonable business practices and values on how to treat employees. Horrible people in this company. Run from this corporation.

Revolving door / Frequent job eliminations / Strongly not recommended

Regional Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Plum District full-time for less than a year

Pros: Work from home office / remotely Generous vacation Cons: They started out hiring a regional manager for each market in which they wanted to source local deals. They attracted accomplished sales talent, wooed them… Advice to Senior Management: Have some dignity and respect for people and stop hiring people when you know you're not going to employ them for long Get it together, create… More

Good opportunity that went bad.

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Plum District full-time for more than a year

Pros: flexibility, nice website, resume builder Cons: They don't pay and the management is all over the place. They go out and hire the most connected moms (professionals) and expect them to… Advice to Senior Management: Get your resumes ready. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Plum District.

Worked for Plum District? Contribute to the Community!