There are newer employer reviews for Plum District

Pretty on the outside but hideously ugly on the inside..

I worked at Plum District full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bay area start up backed by KP sounds cool to your friends and on a resume. Decent health benefits. Free snacks and beverages. Overall, the talent at the company was exceptional (minus senior management but they were for the most part in over their heads) and I was fortunate to meet some fantastic, wickedly entertaining people. Generous vacation time but you would probably be fired upon your return as the company was always "moving in another direction." Generally, that direction was down. This company managed to truly find some of the best and brightest in cities across the US dedicated to building something that turned out to be a poo sandwich. Lots of good looking people. Even the Board commented on the overall attractiveness of the company. Sadly, it wasn't a magazine shoot so it was a moot point. You will never look at the word "deal" in the same way again.

Cons

Tired idea. Everything you read on here is completely accurate, and if anything, people are being kind. Not a sales organization. The turnover was laughable. It wasn't necessary to get to know people's names as they probably weren't going to be around for the next conference call. Feedback was constantly solicited but no one was interested in addressing obvious issues or listening.

Advice to Management

Seriously, this is an antiquated concept that is contracting versus growing. I hope someone has figured that much out at the company, but you never know.

Other Employee Reviews for Plum District

1. I feel like I work for free, that my talents are being used and abused. Husband says this isn't a job, it's a hobby. Ha

Current Contractor - District Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - District Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Plum District as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, No sales quotas or pressure to produce

Cons

You don't get paid for your hard work leading up to the sale. Then, your deal you sold runs and not too many people buy, you are left with not much of a reward for your hard work

Advice to Management

Offer DCs full time positions, pay them what they are worth

2. Learned a ton. Left disappointed.

Former Employee - Home Office in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Home Office in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Plum District full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Plum District you were never bored. There was always more to do than you had time to do it in. Regardless of how long you'd been there you had a chance to contribute.

Cons

Ridiculously long hours - seeing colleagues online working at midnight was routine, as was getting work texts at 11:30pm. Mid-to-low pay, especially for the hours. Management was terrible at motivation and worse at transparency. Employee burnout was a constant.