Plum District
www.plumdistrict.com San Francisco, CA 16 to 50 Employees

Sinking ship.

District Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to work from home, met some good people

ConsEverything that people have said here is true - the turnover is insane. New supervisors every month or so, and constant "restructuring." Finally, in January, all of the part time consultants were told in a conference call that there was no more need for them after the month was over. They were restructuring and going for a full time sales force of four. For the entire country. Since then, lots of turnover in upper management, DCs not getting paid out on deals they closed before they left. I would be shocked if PD was around by the summer. This ship is sinking, fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through on what you tell people. Remember that the moms who are out there working so hard are what made Plum District different from all the other deal sites. Now you are just like them.

Pretty on the outside but hideously ugly on the inside..

(Former Employee)

I worked at Plum District full-time for less than a year

Pros: Bay area start up backed by KP sounds cool to your friends and on a resume. Decent health benefits. Free snacks and beverages. Overall, the… Cons: Tired idea. Everything you read on here is completely accurate, and if anything, people are being kind. Not a sales organization. The turnover was… Advice to Senior Management: Seriously, this is an antiquated concept that is contracting versus growing. I hope… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I feel like I work for free, that my talents are being used and abused. Husband says this isn't a job, it's a hobby. Ha

District Consultant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Plum District as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility, No sales quotas or pressure to produce Cons: You don't get paid for your hard work leading up to the sale. Then, your deal you sold… Advice to Senior Management: Offer DCs full time positions, pay them what they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Plum District.

Worked for Plum District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Plum District reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Plum District CEO Susan Kim. All reviews posted anonymously by Plum District employees.