Plum District

www.plumdistrict.com
There are newer employer reviews for Plum District

A company that has been reborn with new leadership, vision and enthusiasm without losing its core vision, serving Moms.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Plum District full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

With Susan Kim and Jennifer Nuckles at the helm, Plum District has morphed into a multimedia platform that offers increased marketing, branding and advertising options to our merchant base, while at the same time engaging our subscribers even more successfully. This allows each merchant to have a unique campaign with Plum District and heightens the user experience. Their new vision makes the job of the sales person easier with a variety of tools at their disposal to acquire new business. A salesperson can pitch a unique promotion and usually the management team will give it a whirl, as creativity is encouraged.

Cons

Remote employment does not allow for the office camaraderie that an office environment would foster. East Coast has a 3 hour time lag to West Coast, so there is work into the evening hours.

As Plum begins to grow again, keep the lines of communication open, so that we can be as nimble and flexible as the company is currently. Keep experimenting and trying new ideas.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Plum District (View Most Recent)

Sales

I worked at Plum District full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, challenging, working with fabulous, intelligent people. Great Brand.

Cons

Too many inconsistencies from executive management.

Try harder to keep good, talented employees.

Marketing

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Plum District full-time (more than a year)

Pros

--Startup environment provides tons of learning opportunities
    --Great team and lots of peer support
    --My thoughts and suggestions were extremely accepted. The small-team dynamic made this possible.
    --Continued relations with the company. Since leaving Plum District to work on my own company, I've received amazing advice, kindness and support from the team and CEO.
    --Work life balance is wonderful! I was encouraged to take vacation (and was even given travel books by my bosses!) and my time was always respected.

Cons

The startup roller coaster can be tough. It can also be hugely fulfilling!

There are newer employer reviews for Plum District