There are newer employer reviews for Plum District

Can make an impact

I have been working at Plum District full-time

Pros

You can make a big impact here. I feel like what I do actually matters and that my contributions are recognized. There's enough work to go around that if I see there's a gap or a need, I can be proactive and own it.

Cons

The team is very small and people are feeling overwhelmed. We're definitely making progress in turning around the company, but some additional people to the team would help.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Plum District (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity - Challenging - Never Dull

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Plum District full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility - ability to work remotely
    Incredibly intelligent coworkers and management - you can learn a lot just working with them Great opportunities - the people you meet, the companies you work with, the experience you are gaining
    Potential for huge success as a company - as a Kleiner Perkins backed company Plum District is well on its way to being more profitable than many other startups including Groupon and Instagram
    Always new challenges - you will NEVER be bored
    Major improvements in the last six months - New management is experienced and positive. Marketing is being run by some incredible people and you can see the results in a major way

Cons

Lots of changes. Not always a lot of notice when things are changing. Sometimes repercussions of changes are not thought out well before the changes are implemented.

It's important to reward employees according to their performance in order to minimize turnover.

A company that has been reborn with new leadership, vision and enthusiasm without losing its core vision, serving Moms.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Plum District full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

With Susan Kim and Jennifer Nuckles at the helm, Plum District has morphed into a multimedia platform that offers increased marketing, branding and advertising options to our merchant base, while at the same time engaging our subscribers even more successfully. This allows each merchant to have a unique campaign with Plum District and heightens the user experience. Their new vision makes the job of the sales person easier with a variety of tools at their disposal to acquire new business. A salesperson can pitch a unique promotion and usually the management team will give it a whirl, as creativity is encouraged.

Cons

Remote employment does not allow for the office camaraderie that an office environment would foster. East Coast has a 3 hour time lag to West Coast, so there is work into the evening hours.

As Plum begins to grow again, keep the lines of communication open, so that we can be as nimble and flexible as the company is currently. Keep experimenting and trying new ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Plum District

Worked for Plum District? Contribute to the Community!