Plum District

www.plumdistrict.com
  www.plumdistrict.com
There are newer employer reviews for Plum District

An educational endeavor with an exciting startup focused on marketing to and hiring local women

I worked at Plum District

Pros

Being a startup, all marketing ideas and incentive packages for my local area were considered and given a voice to management. It was fun to try these new ideas and have an immediate response in the local community given the e-platform Plum had designed. It also was a great way to get to know locally owned businesses and help them increase their presence in the Houston market.

Cons

As with many start ups, there were changes in management every month. This made driving certain initiatives at the local level challenging.

Due to the constant changes in upper management, there was a strong disconnect between those designing the platform and those on the streets making the sales. It was often difficult to move a marketing initiative forward locally before corporate funds were allotted elsewhere and the project canceled.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Plum District (View Most Recent)

Had All the Potential in the World

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Plum District full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people you will work with are AMAZING! I truly developed incredible relationships inside and outside of the office.

Cons

Things are constantly changing. It's a startup that has been funded by a board of investors. The company has not had a break even month to my knowledge and so the board continues to dictate changes to compensation, benefits and more in an effort to cut their costs so that eventually they will at least be able to not lose money. However, that can be quite detrimental to the existing staff.

Treat your staff as if they are your teammates in achieving profitability and reward them for the hard work they are putting into getting you there. Just a simple "You're doing great!" or "Thanks for working so hard" can go a long way!

Great Start, learned alot

I have been working at Plum District

Pros

This was a job where I learned and did so much. There was never a moment when I was bored. A lot of room for growth if you work for it. Great people also.

Cons

Poor leadership in the beginning

Get more key players to keep growing

There are newer employer reviews for Plum District