There are newer employer reviews for Plum Market

Bakery Team Leader

I worked at Plum Market

Pros

Several great co-workers, good discount on groceries

Cons

While I was an employee, I saw numerous managers come and go in all departments. I became a manager because mine was fired. One week later, the director was fired. The person that took their place was no more qualified than any other person that ever gets hired there. I was constantly put in position with no direction, no guidance and most times, not even in contact with the director.

I was given several performance reviews, and at each was commended for doing a great job. I was told that I was one of their strongest employees on more than one occasion and one of my many bosses called me a "great asset to the company." One week later I was fired.

Every decision about firing was based on gossip from other co-workers. All the hiring was done from craigslist. Management has no discretion about whom they hire, for any department. I trained at least 6 people in my department in as many months. All of them either quit or were fired.

Don't ever leave Plum Market because the things that you do there would never be tolerated anywhere else.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Plum Market (View Most Recent)

Employers such as this are a fine example of why we still need Employee Unions.

I have been working at Plum Market full-time

Pros

Some of the non-management employees are great, but they don't last long.

Cons

Utter contempt, and blatant disregard, for various employment law, safety, and general employee well being.

Many employers avoid unionization because they realize they have to treat their employees with at least a small amount of decency. Plum Market seems not to realize this, or care, and thus the employees of Plum will organize. Plum's problem stems from the top, or should I say bottom. I'm fairly certain there is no hope for Plum's reform.

My advice to current employees is to educate yourself to your rights under the laws of Michigan and the United States of America.

My advice to former employees who believe they have had their rights violated under the law is to talk to a lawyer. They may take your case for free.

Dont do it!

I worked at Plum Market part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great merchandise and co-workers were awesome. Was a paycheck.

Cons

Too much stress for so little pay

There are newer employer reviews for Plum Market

Worked for Plum Market? Contribute to the Community!