There are newer employer reviews for Plum Market

A good job for a high school student

I have been working at Plum Market

Pros

Vibrant coworkers and the work is at times engaging.

Cons

Management has their own ideas and will not take your advice critically.

Advice to Management

Be open to everyone's insight and deliver a more sound approach to your employees.

reviews filtered by

Absolutely miserable

I have been working at Plum Market

Pros

I love my coworkers, and most of the team leaders.

Cons

I have been working in the grocery business for over. 6 years and have never had such a terrible experience. So far, I have only been working for plum for about 3 months but it feels like an eternity. The upper management is completely disrespectful to hourly employees and the pay is very unsatisfactory. Whole Foods and Trader Joes offer a much better pay rate. I took this job because I was desperate after moving to a new city. I am currently looking for a new job and will be very glad to leave. The rich spoiled owners throw terrible fits and berate workers in front of customers, the experience is very demoralizing.

Advice to Management

Therapy, you people have serious issues. Nobody should be this negative all the time. If you do not improve your behavior, employees will not stick with your company.

Undesirable, Unrewarding, Bad Choice.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Plum Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow team members are great! I've worked with some really amazing people here and made quite a few lasting friendships.

Cons

Expectations and punishments are inconsistent, and based totally on the day to day whims of those in charge. Management is incredibly two-faced and responds mostly to butt-kissing and very little to quality of work. There is very little follow through on promises and new ideas are of no value. I also have been talked to, and heard others talked to in some of the most disrespectful language I have ever experienced from superiors. They try to create dissonance within a team, which they prefer to team members being too close.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, under every circumstance, or they won't respect you. Honor real hard work, and not sucking-up.