There are newer employer reviews for Plus One Holdings

Part time personal trainer

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Personal Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Plus One Holdings part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company in NYC to work for as a personal trainer, set your own schedule

Cons

NO help in advancing in company if a part time employee, no benefits, no career growth because it is all given to the full time people.

Treat part time trainers equally, provide health benefits even if more expensive than full time. Enable part time trainers to get more work and pay them for their time. We can't work for free to find new clients.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall a very positive experience.

Former Employee - Exercise Specialist in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Exercise Specialist in Canton, MA

I worked at Plus One Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, management (at least my manager) cares about your personal and professional goals. Lots of opportunity to create new and exciting fitness programs. Very professional in terms of appearance and attitude (management and employees. Laid back atmosphere, my manager had a close personal relationship with me but was also able to draw the line and be a "boss" when needed.

Cons

Pay is not very good although there was a 401k plan in place when I left. 1on1 Training was not allowed at the sight I worked at, you could only create a workout, show the client and let them go off on their own. Sometimes had trouble covering certain shifts.

Increase the pay and allow the staff to have clients. That was the only reason I left otherwise I would have stayed and continued my career there. Everything else about the company is great.

2. Good Company

Former Employee - Exercise Specialist in West Orange, NJ
    Former Employee - Exercise Specialist in West Orange, NJ

I worked at Plus One Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good base salary, good commission, and room to grow. Access to continuing education online as well as educational stipends to be used for classes or certifications. The health benefits were also good. They included medical, dental, and vision. Overall, a very good company to work for. I enjoyed my time there.

Cons

There was a very high turnover in management.

Train employees better. Keep management for longer.

There are newer employer reviews for Plus One Holdings