Pocket Gems

www.pocketgems.com

Awesome people, supportive culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPocket Gems loves hiring people with unrealized potential. Probably because of that, the culture is extremely collaborative, with a focus on crowdsourcing ideas and mentoring individuals. Many of the recent hires are new college grads, and the more experienced "gemmers" are committed to making these new employees successful.

Innovation has always been a priority for the company, as opposed to doing fast-follows or reskins. While Pocket Gems' most successful games are in the same "social gaming simulation" genre, they aggressively explore risky new themes and new mechanics. In addition, the company has begun exploring new genres in recent months.

ConsIt can be intimidating to be surrounded by people who are smarter than you. No one is slacking off here. Fortunately, everyone is humble and committed to seeing the best ideas win out in the end.

Amazing People. Amazing place.

Senior Mobile Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pocket Gems full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pros: - Great people. The people are brilliant, hard-working, and fun to be around. It feels like you're just hanging out with friends making video games. -… Cons: Cons: - Fast paced environment. Definitely not a place for slow… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing People. Amazing Place.

Senior Mobile Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pocket Gems full-time for more than a year

There are newer reviews on Pocket Gems.

Worked for Pocket Gems? Contribute to the Community!