Pocket Gems

www.pocketgems.com

A rare company. Basically a dream job.

(Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe perks are great. Fully stocked kitchen. Daily catered lunch and dinner. Unlimited vacation. The medical benefits are standard or above standard for a company of this size. You can tell that Pocket Gems really cares about their employees. It feels great coming in to work.

Sounds great, right? However, the best part is the people and the work environment. You have a massive ability to make large changes in the company. There are so many opportunities to make a noticeable impact. Changes are recognized and appreciated by everyone. Pocket Gems has the most rewarding environment I have ever experienced. There is no excessive bureaucracy to slow you down. Everyone will step in to help. The phrase "that's not my job" is rarely, if ever, used. Many game companies have turned into very draining environments. At Pocket Gems, I actually feel energized by the environment.

The tools and technology are great. You aren't forced to work with antiquated tech that would fit the norms of typical corporate environments. Even for a game company, the tech feels very new. I feel so much more enabled than I have at any other company. Pocket Gems is a leader in mobile gaming. They use the same mentality when choosing their technology, processes, and other aspects of the company. The result is a fresh take on all aspects of how a company can operate.

ConsWe have grown fast and we can sometimes run pretty lean. This is the tradeoff for ensuring we have the best people in the industry. The hours can be a bit intense. Depending on the role, it may not be a good fit for those with families.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Fun, collaborative environment but extremely motivated staff with a passion for quality games shipped quickly.

Product (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pocket Gems full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Very collaborative, feels like a shared mission of being the leader in mobile entertainment - Free food, great office, casual… Cons: - Growing pains of changing from 10 to 150 people in less… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Exceptional group of extremely focused individuals achieving great success and growth together

Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pocket Gems full-time for more than a year

Pros: * Great team. The company is essentially building the best team in mobile and solving some of the toughest challenges, pushing what's technically possible on… Cons: * Less focus on pure research. As can be expected at a company of it's size, there are enough high priority… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pocket Gems.

Worked for Pocket Gems? Contribute to the Community!