Awesome place, awesome people

Current Employee - Mobile Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Mobile Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pocket Gems full-time for less than a year

Pros

good salary and benefits
satisfying work
flexible timings
good culture

Cons

sometimes you have to work hard to meet the deadlines!

Other Reviews for Pocket Gems

Great people - fun, smart and passionate

Current Employee - Growth  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Growth in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pocket Gems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your voice is heard
    Your work can impact millions
    Lots of opportunity
    Fast iterative cycle
    Collaborative
    Flexible
    Entrepreneurial

Cons

Growing pains as we head towards 200 employees, but also some great team building activities to help with that challenge.

A rare company. Basically a dream job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pocket Gems full-time

Pros

The perks are great. Fully stocked kitchen. Daily catered lunch and dinner. Unlimited vacation. The medical benefits are standard or above standard for a company of this size. You can tell that Pocket Gems really cares about their employees. It feels great coming in to work.

Sounds great, right? However, the best part is the people and the work environment. You have a massive ability to make large changes in the company. There are so many opportunities to make a noticeable impact. Changes are recognized and appreciated by everyone. Pocket Gems has the most rewarding environment I have ever experienced. There is no excessive bureaucracy to slow you down. Everyone will step in to help. The phrase "that's not my job" is rarely, if ever, used. Many game companies have turned into very draining environments. At Pocket Gems, I actually feel energized by the environment.

The tools and technology are great. You aren't forced to work with antiquated tech that would fit the norms of typical corporate environments. Even for a game company, the tech feels very new. I feel so much more enabled than I have at any other company. Pocket Gems is a leader in mobile gaming. They use the same mentality when choosing their technology, processes, and other aspects of the company. The result is a fresh take on all aspects of how a company can operate.

Cons

We have grown fast and we can sometimes run pretty lean. This is the tradeoff for ensuring we have the best people in the industry. The hours can be a bit intense. Depending on the role, it may not be a good fit for those with families.

Keep it up!

There are newer employer reviews for Pocket Gems.

Worked for Pocket Gems? Contribute to the Community!