Rollercoaster to hell

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Pocket Kings

Pros

all reasons are financial, great salary, bonus, free food, free parties.

Cons

Management is not interested in work/life balance, its just all work and your "life" is Pocket Kings. Bullying is a daily occurance, anyone who has not experienced this hasnt worked there long enough. Shocking parctices in HR where employees are dismissed without cause and escorted out the door. Total "clearouts" in departments and new staff arrive in following week. In 3 years working there I personally witnessed horrifying attitudes of senior management towards employees. Employees are nervous, overworked and stressed, atmosphere is toxic. If you have a choice dont work there its just not worth it.

Advice to Management

Go back to the US They dont care and dont listen about the affect they have on peoples lives.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If I knew then what I know now I would never have taken the job, happiest day was the day I left

Former Employee - Market Analyst in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Market Analyst in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Pocket Kings

Pros

Perks such as gourmet food almost free and top notch restaurant standard, seating in the kitchen accomodates 1/8 of the workforce so you'll eat at your desk on days you have the luxury of taking lunch Well stocked fridges full of tuck and soft drinks for all the dead weight in the company you will be carrying Great staff parties twice a year but the atmosphere will be tense and everyone will be afraid to be seen to be enjoying themselves. Hard to enjoy these events if you're not into hard core rap music You'll get to play poker frequently - just remember the golden rule never out play any of the 'inner circle'

Cons

Dead weight carry most of the key positions in the company Initative, change and innovation is likely to win you a P45 Tough delivering to deadlines when frequently key contributors 'disappear' and your left holding the can and being measured on it Cost benefit risk analysis has no currency here - the most fundamental decisions will be made on a whim of a member of 'the inner circle' If you are not in the 'inner circle' you will never make a decision in your career lifetime at Full Tilt Owners of this company won't be the most educated bunch you'll have worked for so your masters and professional memberships will be regarded as a threat and a problem When you leave work which will always be under cover of darkness you'll get to 'make your way' to a remote car park where there is no lighting nor security - a treat in winter

Advice to Management

Full Tilt has degenerated to a complete joke - stick to what you know and go back to Vegas

2. Challenging but rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Pocket Kings

Pros

A good place to work with some really big toys. Good environment where you are surrounded by pretty competent people. I've learned more here in a couple of years than I have in 10 years before working here. You get decent kit to work with (two 24" screens on every desk), plenty of desk space. Free 3 course meal every day. Not hospital food but serious good food. Free snack bars full of soft drinks and snacks. All you can eat, every day. Work hard but get well rewarded.

Cons

Best salaries in the business but expect to work for it. Not a 9 to 5 job for most. This is for ambitious and talented individuals who know their stuff. If you can cut it at pocketkings you can cut it most places.