Poet - Ethanol

www.poet.com
  www.poet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Poet - Ethanol

Bingham Lake moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bingham Lake, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bingham Lake, MN

I have been working at Poet - Ethanol

Pros

Great pay and benefits
Knowledgeable co workers
Profitable, progressive company, environmentally friendly

Cons

Attitudes - employees and manangement

OZ makes sense but you have to follow through. Hold everyone accountable, managers and employees.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Poet - Ethanol (View Most Recent)

My overall experience was positive but faded towards the end.

Former Employee - Accountant in Caro, MI
    Former Employee - Accountant in Caro, MI

I worked at Poet - Ethanol

Pros

Small plant environment, great coworkers and team work.

Cons

Corporate grew too big, too fast, and took away control from the plant levels. Many original managers, from plant opening, frustrated and discouraged, and have left.

They need to give some control back to plant management teams and not leave them feeling like puppets or babysitters.

Turn, walk away and don't look back!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Poet - Ethanol

Pros

The corporate site has a nice building. I am not sure what else to say for this section, since I cannot think of hardly anything positive. They did pay for our move to SF.

Cons

Please. Please, heed the advice of the title if you are considering an employment opportunity at this company. POET moved my family and I across the country to Sioux Falls and put on a great show during the interview process. Once I started working for them, I soon found out the truth. I saw a very high turnover rate and witnessed firsthand people being forced to sacrifice their families to go and work at a plant 300 miles away for 6 months. Management's response? "Do you want a job here?"

After working for them a while we parted our separate ways and it's been a struggle ever since. We are not able to get out of Sioux Falls because we had to take jobs that paid less than half of what we were making previously. The noncompete clause in the employment contract destroys any opportunities or chances of getting a job for two years after leaving. Many people I have spoken to in this city have expressed disgust with this company and the antics they pull on their employees. During my time there, I saw them freeze salaries, halt the 401k match and suspend all bonuses.

I don't care how lucrative the job offer sounds, do not work for this company. Even if there were someone I absolutely hated and they applied to a position, I would still stop them.

I am not sure there is anything I can say that would yield good advice to management on how to improve.

There are newer employer reviews for Poet - Ethanol