Point B

www.pointb.com
  www.pointb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Point B

Wonderful place to have a career

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Point B part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

From day one, Point B has provided the opportunity to work on more demanding or less demanding client projects. I've had the opportunity to have a more flexible schedule when I needed it, and throughout my entire career, I've enjoyed working with really smart people, who also happen to be great human beings.

Cons

Some,(but not all) people find it challenging to get the development/growth opportunities they are looking for.

This 100% ownership thing is so awesome, I just think we've got to find a way to thread how deeply meaningful that is into everything we do as we build an enduring firm. I think we are on track but maybe make the OVV II class mandatory?

72 Other Employee Reviews for Point B (View Most Recent)

It's completely different, and by different I mean sweet.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Point B full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing culture and core values, great opportunities, challenging work, unreal people, benefits, social engagement. All around its a great firm.

Cons

Not sure I would say there are any challenges. If you are attached to titles, building your kingdom, being narrow-minded, etc. then it's probably not the place for you.

Keep being and encouraging innovation.

The key difference between Point B and other consulting firms, our people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Point B full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Having worked at Accenture, and being very familiar with many of the well known organizations, the aspect I appreciate most at Point B is our people. I respect all consulting orgs and the industry but at Point B, it is almost 99% consistent that you will work with colleagues that are extremely bright but humble, serious about the quality of their work but fun with a wicked sense of humor, busy but still involved in the community and/or in their kids' lives, and genuinely want to take care of one another when life events happen. Everyone talks about firm culture but this is an organization where we really do live up to it.
    The other key aspect is delivery. In consulting, unfortunately, it's often acceptable for some projects to outright fail or to not work out as planned. Here, that is not ok We work hard and constantly ahead of the curve to predict and address issues so every client is happy. It is important to me that our firm and my colleagues all think this way.

Cons

Our firm seems to be going through some growing pains. When you have a firm of bright and engaged people, everyone has different opinions, perceptions, and ideas. When I read some of these posts, I can see some of this frustration coming through. Over the last two years, we have gone from one service to multi-service practices. In other words, we have totally evolved our business, IMHO, for the better (for us as associates AND for our clients). We definitely have experienced some major setbacks but through some leadership changes, direction changes, and re-focus, feels like we're definitely back on track. I don't necessarily always agree with all the decisions or leader capabilities, but I trust that leadership has our best interest at heart. Being 100% employee owned now, we have to grow the value of our firm in different ways vs the small annual incremental increases we have been experiencing.

Continue with the transparency. Get out more and connect with folks. Every associate should feel like someone is looking out for them. Lot of folks don't. Be clear about the vision and where we're headed and WHY. Continue to try not to turn into big firm mentality and continue to use our Values as our guardrails.

There are newer employer reviews for Point B