There are newer employer reviews for Polar Semiconductor

It has been a rewarding but somewhat stressful engagement.

Current Employee - Equipment Maintnance Engineer in Bloomington, MN
Current Employee - Equipment Maintnance Engineer in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Polar Semiconductor

Pros

Even from the start I was able to do as much as I was comfortable with doing, no one tried to hold me back.

Cons

Not well managed overall. Management is overly concerned with saving a buck sometimes rather than doing what is necesary to run a great company.

Step back, look at the system as a whole and make the changes needed dispite the cost and the company would flourish.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Polar Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Its a terrible place to work for, with no respect for career advancement and high favoritism

Current Employee - Fab Operator in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Fab Operator in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Polar Semiconductor

Pros

The benefits for full time employees is great, the only thing that kept here. In addition, the location is very accessible.

Cons

Most of the managers have no or little formal education and communication limitations as to dealing with people. They show little or no respect for their subordinates apart from wanting the work to be done. The work hours is 12hrs a day, which kind of make it stressful by itself. There also is a great deal of favoritism in employment, promotion and advancement of employees.

Train the managers on how to deal with employees, and encourage career advancement based on merit, not just because you know that person. In addition, there should be fairness in hiring people to avoid dominance be certain ethnic groups in some shifts or family relationships.

Very good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Polar Semiconductor

Pros

good opportunities for advancement. Not too many semiconductor plants left in the usa.

Cons

limited other opportunities in Minnesota

There are newer employer reviews for Polar Semiconductor