There are newer employer reviews for Pollo Tropical

Good starting job

Former Employee - Drive Through Cashier  in  Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Former Employee - Drive Through Cashier in Sunny Isles Beach, FL

I worked at Pollo Tropical part-time for less than a year

Pros

Since i had no previous work experience, i was lucky enough to get this in the first place.
I had 50% off on anything i bought, my co-workers were SUPER nice, and the managers were friendly. During the lunch/dinner rush when things would get stressful, the assistant manager was very nice and always helped me out.

Cons

I basically had to do 3 jobs for $7.67/h
I had to run around like a crazy chicken for 7 hours because i was on drive-through. I feel like i was in charge of too many things at once, though at the same time it was SUPER fun to run and slide on the floor with those work shoes haha. Even though this is the part that i hated the most, i feel like it taught me how to multitask and how to work under pressure.
I left because i wanted to focus on school; i wouldn't recommend this job to a full-time student.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Pollo Tropical (View Most Recent)

As an employee, working at Pollo Tropical is a nightmare.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pollo Tropical part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros to working at Pollo Tropical include the fun coworkers and getting paid every Friday. There is also a generally happy customer attitude when they first walk in, if you're smiling when you greet them.

Cons

Working here sucks because you'll do more than your share of work if they see you work hard, so right off the bat there is little motivation to work hard and show a good work ethic. I was hired as a cashier, and now I'm a cashier, server, and dishwasher. There is very little effective communication. If you tell a manager you can't come in a certain day, all of the other managers (yes, there are several) will question you asking why you never came in. You sometimes get a 30 minute break, but only if the managers feel like you can without making them do much more work. There is also a large percent of mistakes in orders both in drive through and dine in, and little is done to fix these problems. There is also very little chance for a raise, even after working my butt off for about a year, and customers recommending me for a raise, I still get paid minimum wage, and I do too much to get paid so little.

Burger or MCdonalds dont cope with the bull

Current Employee - Drive-Through Cashier  in  Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Drive-Through Cashier in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Pollo Tropical part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible with schedule managers are very helpful

Cons

Customers think this is a 5 star restaurant so they think they deserve everything. You can basically just lie to get a free meal. Customers are beyond rude and abnocious.

Stop letting customers bully us. yes we need their money but to a certain degree.

There are newer employer reviews for Pollo Tropical

Worked for Pollo Tropical? Contribute to the Community!