There are newer employer reviews for Pollo Tropical

Overall A wonderful experience. Taught me very valuable skills when it comes to cooking and measurments

Current Employee - Lobby Attendant in Weston, FL
Current Employee - Lobby Attendant in Weston, FL

I have been working at Pollo Tropical part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pros of working at Pollo Tropical is working with the customers and being able to assist them in their needs. Learning how to prepare the varitety of sauces that Pollo Tropical has, Learning how to cook certain foods that they offer

Cons

Having an unflexiable schedule that would accomodate the company, me and my family. Not being able to get a transfer I requested due to me moving. Not being recognized for my work ethnic.

Treat EVERY employee equally and fairly. Their should NEVER be favorism in a workplace. Remember, some manangers started off as employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Extremely horrible

Former Employee - Cashier in Homestead, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Homestead, FL

I worked at Pollo Tropical part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free food, discounts that's all.

Cons

Management didn't know hiw to speak proper english or hiw to mange the customer's there was no customer service nor was their respect. Profanity, harassment no ethic. Nothing worse experience of my life working at pollo tropical.

Treat your employees better just because they are inly making minimum wage doesn't mean you can do what to them. THEY DONT LET YOU MOVE UP......

2. Worst company to work for if you are trying to work your way into a higher position.

Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL

I worked at Pollo Tropical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the 50% discount on food might be the only thing good about them.

Cons

scheduling is bad because its not a set schedule. they make you work overtime alot if you are a good worker they will always put you on the schedule. if you need a day off you can request it but most likely they will tell you no.pay is very low and they have little to no raises. Dead end job and causes alot of stress.

There are newer employer reviews for Pollo Tropical