There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Great experience, but don't expect them to be helpful getting you a job after graduation

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

I loved working at RL. I loved my boss, I loved what I was doing even though it was for zero pay, and even though I often worked crazy hours... one night I worked until 10 pm!

Cons

I was incredibly disappointed by how much working at RL did not help at all when I was trying to find a job full time after graduation. i honestly felt used, I worked full time for over 3 months for no money, and they told me over and over again how i was the best intern ever, but at the end of the day it was like I was only worth their time when they could get something from me. That bummed me out incredibly. if i could have done it again, I would have focused on networking more from a selfish standpoint to help myself out after the internship was over.

You interns work for free and they don't even get a company discount. It's sad and would make me warn anyone there taking an unpaid internship there.

415 Other Employee Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren (View Most Recent)

Selling beautiful high-end fashion in intense commission environment.

Former Employee - Sales Professional  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in McLean, VA

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Worked with some of the most fun upbeat people who were interesting in fashion. When it comes to retailers RL does it right from the stores, clothing, design.

Cons

RL does not really look into employee development. Commission based sales can be awesome but can also lead to employees fighting over sales. Employee development is not something focused on at RL. But I imagine other high end retailers, commission-based sales often a career.

I enjoyed most of the management at RL. Some were really fun and some weren't. Treat employees fairly and help out whenever possible.

I enjoy the company of whom i work with. I very much like the apparel that we sell as well.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Flemington, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Good experience, very classy company, management is very nice and always willing to teach you new things. Employee discount!

Cons

Some days are slower then others, some days are great. The slow days effect our employee hours.

My only advice to the management would be to send more merchandise to the Polo Ralph Lauren Childrens Factory stores!

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!