There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Awesome Workplace

Current Employee - Creative Intern  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Creative Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Everyone loves working for the company and never has anything bad to say. Employees are very proud and respectful of RL.

Cons

None! Wish I could have been hired full time but they had no openings.

I was actually a freelancer and did the visual displays, but management that I dealt with was super welcoming and surprisingly informative. I actually learned a lot about the business in general while there.

421 Other Employee Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren (View Most Recent)

Hugely Disappointing!

Former Employee - Sales Professional
    Former Employee - Sales Professional

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, beautiful, luxurious stores, generous discounts, gorgeous merchandise with timeless appeal. Reasonable hours for retail - solid company with strong financial backing.

Cons

Insane prices! New styles have alienated much of the more mature loyal clientele that made Ralph Lauren the success he is. Management packs the stores full of commissioned sales people, with very few making any money - resulting in constant turnover. Customer base at the store I worked in were some of the strangest, most bizarre people I've encountered in my life! Perhaps all the Botox went to their brain! Trust me, check out RL Career Opportunities - there are ALWAYS openings because most people can't afford to work there for more than 6 months. If you are a kept woman working for a discount this might be a job for you! Still love RL though!

Come into the 21rst Century - if you really want professional sales people, and not just trust fund kids - equip them with the needed tools to do their jobs effectively (desks, computers, and telephones that are useable) Its very expensive to hire, train and invest in new talent, just to have them leave because they can't afford to stay. Stop putting SO many salespeople on the floor - its weird for the customer - instead have fewer sales people with assistants who do the endless folding and merchandising of the store (college kids will work for $12 an hour). Also, drop your initial prices 20% and have fewer promotions - all the customers are in on the game and won't buy anything until the first of the endless sales. Also, man-up the men's fashions - it has been hijacked by the design team and is becoming overly effeminate.

If only we were compensated

Current Employee - Project Managerroduct Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Managerroduct Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good team members
    secure Job security
    company discount

Cons

low pay
    poor work/life balance
    no bonus for lower management only Sr. management & Executives

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!