Polo Ralph Lauren
www.ralphlauren.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Ralph Lauren Call Center in High Point, NC

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
High Point, NC

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEmpowered to make decisions regarding customer concessions/appeasements which is highly uncommon in the inbound call center/customer service world. CSRs were empowered to make decisions that in most call center environments would require input/approval from or to be done completely by a manager.

Nice discount for RL/Rugby merchandise 50% for full price/40% for sale priced items and 30% off at outlets. Bi-annual/sometimes annual employee sales at the Greensboro warehouse.

Good training program -- 4 weeks.

Nice, new facility and workstations.

Paid Time Off/Vacation time in the first year -- can begin using after 90 days of employment.

Voluntary Time Off -- common in call centers if the business is slow; this is nice as you can get off early or sometimes advanced VTO and not use your vacation or discretionary sick/emergency paid time off. There is a lot of VTO in the spring/summer usually available which is nice.

Trading shifts or give hours to PT employees.

A LOT of overtime available during the Holiday season. Little perks are given like merchandise giveaways/drawings during big sales like Private Sale; they'll often provide lunch/breakfast, snacks, candy bags, etc.

Hiring process was fairly easy/simple. Just had to pass basic writing test, vision test to make sure you're not color blind, computer skills assessment and there was a group interview which was different. There was only one interview, which is nice. A lot of companies now have a minimum of two which is a waste of my time and theirs, in my opinion.

ConsAdvancement is often based on cronyism and not necessarily who is the most qualified. This wasn't always the case, but, it happened in too many instances to not be noted.

MANDATORY overtime -- if you're a full time employee, you'll be required to select either two hours before/after or one hour before and after that they can add to your usual 8 hour shift whenever the business demands (if you're Part Time it will be just one hour before or after). So this means mandatory 50 hour work weeks pretty much from late October until February (or whenever the back log of Holiday returns/issues are cleared). It's nice for the first few weeks of having paychecks with 100+ hours on them, but, it gets really old and flat out exhausting after working like that for months straight with no relief.

The implementation of new policies is often not well thought out and sloppily executed leaving CSRs often ill-prepared for changes. This can be attributed to less than qualified management.

Pay/Raises: I wouldn't necessarily consider the base pay a "con" as $12.00 hourly is about standard for call center pay; however, the raises are horrible. You may get a raise of like, 30-50 cents after an impeccable annual review. The best pay rate jump you can expect is $1.50 when you become certified in other skills.

No cash bonuses -- that could definitely be a perk to encourage people to volunteer for more hours as opposed to just forcing all employees to have mandated overtime for months on end.

Great place to work

Account Analyst (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Co workers are very easy to work with, great environment. Cons: Only con is how far I drive to and from Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Proud to be a team player.

Cash Lead (Current Employee)
Cabazon, CA

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Regardless of the position held, he company makes you feel like a part of a bigger picture every time you come to a sales rally.… Cons: High employee turnover, including managers/full-timers, makes it slightly impersonal and… Advice to Senior Management: Some managers have amazing leadership skills while lacking social skills. The leadership team could be more involved… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Polo Ralph Lauren.

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Polo Ralph Lauren reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Polo Ralph Lauren CEO Ralph Lauren. All reviews posted anonymously by Polo Ralph Lauren employees.