There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Upper management pretends to care about employees

Current Employee - Warehouse in New Windsor, NY
Current Employee - Warehouse in New Windsor, NY

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The discount is ok
Hours are better in the warehouse
Less crazy than the store

Cons

HR hires whoever
There is no training on any level
Highschool environment
Upper Management has no respect for supervisors and below
1 WEEKEND off a month
Terrible work life ratio

Take pride in who you hire or change your hiring process. Remember that we all have the same goals and are all one team. Don't take advantage of your employees, instead work with them to create a better environment. Stop abusing your power and you will have a better more productive work environment.

433 Other Employee Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren (View Most Recent)

Legendary brand. The people are legendary too, but for the wrong reasons.

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Polo Ralph Lauren is a company that represents American fashion in the global retail industry. It has been an icon for several decades and because of its success, looks terrific on your resume.

Cons

The quality of people has drastically diminished since the company has gone public. In addition, the corporate values and goals have also shifted, some for the worse.

Innovation and progress are words that shouldn't be lightly used. There are definitely bad apples in the lower ranks and mid-level management of your company and its deterring creative minds and promoting the status quo.

Not the best experience working at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Former Employee - Retail Cashier in Cabazon, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Cashier in Cabazon, CA

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun working as a team to meet daily sales goals. Amazing to see the amount of customers that come in daily.

Cons

Sometimes, they worry too much about what type of shoes you wear because it isn't their brand, versus the quality of your work, especially if you are a new member. They don't care where you come from or if you are too poor to afford their clothes. They expect you to wear their expensive clothes. Where I worked at, most co-workers bought their clothes at a Ross or other stores of that sort. Your hard work isn't really acknowledge unless your the managers pet. Also, another big reason why I quit is the extremely short hours. I'm talking about two hours a day, 10-15 hours a week, yet the company brings in $50,000 plus a day!! When I worked there, I haven't ever heard an amount under $50,000.

In my opinion, management lacks a sense of openness, due to the fact they are too hung up on the image they are trying to uphold. It is important that as a big corporation to have higher standards as far as image, but when it overshadows your quality of work and brings down the members, resulting in workers losing interest in their work because of the constant knit picking. It does become a problem, hence, the never ending hiring process. And if work attire is such a big deal,
    then provide workers with clothes like a set or two to get them started. And just because they hold the title management, doesn't mean they have the right to treat you like your nobody!

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren