There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Once in a Life-time Job

Former Employee - Assistant to Ralph Lauren  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant to Ralph Lauren in New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than a year

Pros

Marvelous Boss! Working for Ralph was one of the highlights of my unique career. I learned so much from him. I gained a lot of knowledge in how you successfully run a company and how you treat your employees. Well-Diversified, Fantastic perks, Unique individuals, Beautiful space!

Cons

No mentor, few job opportunities, no open door policy.
The salary wasn't realistic for New York. Being the Assistant to Ralph Lauren, it was difficult to stay with-in the company and gain respect for my "own" accomplishments. I found that people were not so receptive but Ralph was amazing and stayed in contact, even after I left the New York office.

Implement a Mentoring Program and offer better salaries.

416 Other Employee Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren (View Most Recent)

Children's Wear...stay away extremely negative work environment

Former Employee - Product Development Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great discount
    - Company name looks good on resume

Cons

I hope someone from RL very upper management does see this review. The Children's Wear department is an extremely negative work environment. People are constantly resigning from this department. Almost every week someone is resigning. The record for shortest time here is 2 weeks. People have quit without a job lined up because they just don't want to be there. People have quit and walked out the same day because they can't even bear to stay for the 2 wk notice. Back stabbing, verbal abuse and intimidations goes on here. Management likes to throw the underlings under the bus for no apparent reasons to make them look good in front of upper management from design office. The office itself is extremely neglected, ceilings cracked with holes in the ceiling allover the conference room and work area, some days the air vents are turned off making it very hard to breathe in the office, dust all over the employee areas, carpet that hasn't been clean in years. Outdated furniture that is near it's expiration date that upper management refuse to replace because they say the company does not have the budget for it. Ridiculous meeting schedules for every little thing. People set up meetings just to set up meetings. Not allowing people to go get lunch or use the bathroom during 9 - 6 all day meetings. Upper management ask their assistants to get lunch for them while all the underlings starve and watch them eat. A director even told someone to put on a diaper when asked to step out a moment to use the bathroom. If you are a few minutes late of step out for a moment during a meeting you are yelled at or look down upon. I'm told people have reported these issues to HR but they're on upper management side and won't do anything. Underlings do work late and on weekends while upper management leaves on time.

Some morals are needed in this department. An HR person that truly cares about employess need to shadow this office for a month to see all the negativety and power abuse that goes on. Some upper managerment really need to be removed here.

Coordinator

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Great atmosphere, work/life balance, great office space

Cons

Low salaries, long commute, no bonus

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!