Polo Ralph Lauren

www.ralphlauren.com

High expectations. Great GM.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Round Rock, TX

ProsThis is a good, stable company in a growth cycle. The GM responds quickly to the needs of the store as a whole and shares successes with staff. He cares about the sales staff and addresses concerns quickly. There is a lot of traffic through the store which means it generally makes it's goals.

The scheduling system is great. An 8 hour shift automatically includes two 15's and an hour and management is held accountable for getting everyone their breaks. Recovery after closing is well planned as are floor sets. Associates are never expected to stay beyond time scheduled. Sometimes the option is offered though.

The GM treats everyone as a highly valued member of the team.

ConsThis is a very physical job. Associates are expected to dress well and be prepared to mix great customer service with some manual labor. Expect to spend 5-10 hours on your feet and moving. Wear good shoes and comfortable RL brand clothing.

Retail can be very cliquish, which can make some days unpleasant. But most of the associates are caring, honest people.

Moving up includes being willing to relocate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak up the cliques. Post internal policy changes on the bulletin board so you don't have to remember to tell everyone. Post more realistic examples of dress code options.

Make sure all the managers value associates the way the GM does.

Get Big & Tall back in the store. We get asked for it almost daily. Bring in shoes and handbags. We get asked for those almost daily as well. Petite women's would be amazing too.

Once in a Life-time Job

Assistant to Ralph Lauren (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than a year

Pros: Marvelous Boss! Working for Ralph was one of the highlights of my unique career. I learned so much from him. I gained a… Cons: No mentor, few job opportunities, no open door policy. The salary wasn't realistic for New York. Being the Assistant to Ralph Lauren, it was difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: Implement a Mentoring Program and offer better salaries. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Children's Wear...stay away extremely negative work environment

Product Development Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Great discount - Company name looks good on resume Cons: I hope someone from RL very upper management does see this review. The Children's Wear department is an extremely negative work environment. People are constantly… Advice to Senior Management: Some morals are needed in this department. An HR person that truly cares about employess need to shadow this office for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Polo Ralph Lauren.

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!