Polo Ralph Lauren
www.ralphlauren.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

IT Guy's Review: It's A Pretty Good Company

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

ProsFor the most part, I have enjoyed working for this company. The atmosphere is challenging and rewarding, compensation is decent, and it really says something about a company that so many of their employees have tenures ranging from 5-25 years. This company is stable, fiscally conservative, and as of this writing is expanding its operation nationally and internationally.

ConsThis is a somewhat top heavy organization that lacks a satisfactory number of support personnel in critical IT support areas. They have been slow to react to increasing support requirements, as the user base continues to expand but compensation and support personnel remain understaffed and over-worked. Arbitrary and counter-productive policies come from all directions, with managers at various levels providing contradicting information, increasing individual workload but failing to account for these problems come review time.

Personnel conflicts and complaints are not handled well, or even in a timely manner, by HR. The tenure mentioned in the 'Pros' section of this review can be a liability as much as a positive thing. Individuals who have very long tenures with the company (especially manager level and above) are not held to the same oversight or even corrective action plans as other employees, creating a fairness disparity between position levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to recognize where the weak spots in your IT personnel support structure are, and hire additional employees to shore up these areas instead of increasing responsibilities and expectations on support groups that are already strained beyond their limits. Develop flexibility and speed in dealing with these issues.

As an intern, I was given many opportunities to learn.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren as an intern

Pros: Wonderful work environment and great learning experience. Cons: The only Con I could come up with is that since it is a large… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging. You work hard for your salary here. Managers are passionate knowledgeable.

Associate Designer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: work with experts in the field Cons: if you are looking for a payday and 9-5 this… More

There are newer reviews on Polo Ralph Lauren.

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Polo Ralph Lauren reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Polo Ralph Lauren CEO Ralph Lauren. All reviews posted anonymously by Polo Ralph Lauren employees.