There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

IT Guy's Review: It's A Pretty Good Company

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

For the most part, I have enjoyed working for this company. The atmosphere is challenging and rewarding, compensation is decent, and it really says something about a company that so many of their employees have tenures ranging from 5-25 years. This company is stable, fiscally conservative, and as of this writing is expanding its operation nationally and internationally.

Cons

This is a somewhat top heavy organization that lacks a satisfactory number of support personnel in critical IT support areas. They have been slow to react to increasing support requirements, as the user base continues to expand but compensation and support personnel remain understaffed and over-worked. Arbitrary and counter-productive policies come from all directions, with managers at various levels providing contradicting information, increasing individual workload but failing to account for these problems come review time.

Personnel conflicts and complaints are not handled well, or even in a timely manner, by HR. The tenure mentioned in the 'Pros' section of this review can be a liability as much as a positive thing. Individuals who have very long tenures with the company (especially manager level and above) are not held to the same oversight or even corrective action plans as other employees, creating a fairness disparity between position levels.

Advice to Management

Work to recognize where the weak spots in your IT personnel support structure are, and hire additional employees to shore up these areas instead of increasing responsibilities and expectations on support groups that are already strained beyond their limits. Develop flexibility and speed in dealing with these issues.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to make connections

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

A wealth of information and training, exposure to the luxury world, fast paced work environment.

Cons

As an intern, sometimes your managers are so busy that they forget you're there and you just sit around for a while.

Advice to Management

Take employees under your belt. RL promotes the "family" and some people to embrace that idea.

2. Intern at Ralph Lauren during the summer of 2013

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It was fun working for such a popular company in the heart of NYC. Everyone I worked with were nice and friendly.

Cons

Did not have too much responsibility as an intern. I was often having to repeatedly ask for tasks or coming up with things I can do on my own. Did not feel like I was doing meaningful work.

Advice to Management

Be prepared with tasks and projects to give interns if you are going to request a summer intern from HR

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren